Open Invitation

Jennifer L.
on 11/15/05 6:44 am - Dayton, OH
I have also started a Yahoo group if anyone is interested. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WLS_Regrets/ Jenn RNY 10/24/05 264.8/242/1??
bonnied
on 11/16/05 10:03 am - St. Albans, VT
Hi Jenn. I am wondering why you regret surgery so soon after having it. Your profile seems pretty positive on the whole. Are you just in mourning right now? Mourning the way life was before surgery when you did not have to think about what to eat and could just chow down, so to speak? That is a pretty normal reaction to WLS. You are losing and adding years to your life, healthy years! The first 3 months after surgery were very hard for me and my friends who have had WLS. There were many tears shed over the "loss" of food. It's a really tough adjustment when you ae used to relying on a pint of Ben and Jerry's for comfort at night, and when you can't have it, it feels like you lost your best friend. I still struggle with eating and other food issues, so I can understand where you are coming from. Some people can eat whatever they want, my friend who had WLS 6 weeks ago is one of them and I am so jealous of her! Please share exactly why you regret it so! You and I started at exactly the same weight, so I am very interested. Bonnie
NowhereMan
on 12/11/05 7:49 am - NoWhere Land
Is that link correct? nowhere man/ph/jay
Trish
on 12/20/05 2:46 pm - Stuart, FL
I would hardly call WLS a fad. And I doubt even more that people dream up success stories and try to make others believe them because "misery loves company". That's just plain silly. You might have a better response if you gave factual information without the bias.
dragonjaze
on 2/7/06 12:23 pm - Bellingham, WA
Wow, only a couple of months, and none of those groups are still listed on the sites hosting them....why am I not surprised?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8485 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11026 views