Recent Posts

VIXYVIX
on 8/3/03 7:14 am - fleetwood, pa
Topic: RE: I am a cat person, who is with me??
I am a cat/kitten person too, who needs help! I bought a lovely kitten at the local humane society. Little did anyone know she was pregnant. She was so little the three babies moved her intestines all around in her belly that she required bowel surgery, (almost like us, LOL) Anyways, $1500 later and 3 kitties to boot, i now have 1 month old baby kitties. My question is when do i introduce them to the litter box and normal food. I still supplement feed them 2-3 times daily with a bottle, they don't seem to get the licking the milk in a bowl yet. Thanks for your help! Email me at [email protected]
KarenAnn413
on 7/26/03 2:44 pm - Palmdale, CA
RNY on 07/13/09 with
Sheri D.
on 7/20/03 3:29 am - Waukee, IA
Topic: RE: Who has dogs? How big? How small?
Right now we have two chihuahuas. Tina is about 5 years old and weighs approx 13 lbs (she is supposed to weigh 7!). Theo is less than one year old and weighs about 10 lbs (the breeder told us he would be about 4 lbs as an adult, but I know now she was WWAAAYYY wrong. He should probably be beween 7 and 9). We also have a baby kitty, whom Theo plays with all the time. So much for dogs and cats being enemies! We just recently decreased our dog population by half. We are actually only supposed to have three dogs if you live in the city, but I also had two miniature schnauzers, Scooby and Scrappy. I adopted them out to a retired couple who travels between Iowa and Arizona and wanted traveling companions. It was heartbreaking, because Scooby was my shadow, but we really had too many dogs for our small house. I miss them a lot, but life is much calmer now with just the two chis.
jaynan E.
on 7/15/03 11:07 pm - owensboro, ky
Topic: RE: Who has dogs? How big? How small?
I have two of the best dogs. Ebenezer or just "nezer" is a crazy looking old man mutt of a dog. He is 10yo, 26lbs yellow-haired with a long beard, bushy eyebrows and a horrible underbite that makes him look as though he is smiling all the time. He also has what we lovingly refer to as his dangle toes (barely attached dew claws?). He acts like your typical old man grumpin and groanin and just laying around. He is frequently terrorized by the man of the house Tiny Tim or simply "Timmy". Timmy is a 4yo, 10 lb black miniature pinscher who is convinced he is everyones ruler!! What a cute baby he was (and still is)but talk about hell on wheels. He would be on the top of my husbands 6ft1 head in seconds by just running straight up him. He has slowed a bit but still pulls some crazy stunts. Last week he found a baby bunny in the back yard. He was just licking it and wanting it to play. I believe he thought it might be a relative since it had the short tail and all! lol We put bunny back in the place we see the mommy bunny go and crossed our fingers that she took care of him. Still catch Timmy looking for him every day. Oh well those are my babies got to love them!!
Nancy M.
on 7/13/03 12:52 pm - Des Moines, IA
Topic: RE: animal farm at my house
Hi my name is Nancy Morris, I seen animal farm at my house, and thought of my own house! I have three inside dogs and one that stays outside, two cats, three little birds, five aquariums, and a tarantula named Harry Potter! I call my place, eastside zoo and aquatics. I wish I could take all the animals in that did'nt have homes, or someone to love them. That's how I got all of these, I'm just sorry I can't help more.
Yvonne McCarthy
on 6/25/03 10:27 am - Plano, TX
I am truly obsessed! I was just featured as an emerging artist on a website that has lots of my cat pictures. You can see the feature and some of the cat shots here: http://www.barebulb.com/talent/pjun03myv01.html This link will take you directly to the cat pages. http://www.barebulb.com/gals/gallerydg3.html I love my babies and they do tricks as well.
Grace loves cats
on 6/21/03 1:41 pm - CA
Hi Nicole! I LOVE cats big time!! They have been MY saving grace more times then I can mention! We have 2, they are sisters. They are Mittens & Tuesday. I love them to death, as specially Tuesday. She is mamma's little girl. She loves to sleep with me, & loves attention. She is grey & white. They are 10 years old. Wouldn't trade them for anything!!! Take care, Grace LeMar.
lfmusc75
on 6/15/03 3:43 pm - Hurst, TX
I'm really more of an all-animal person than a cat person, but I do haave two cats. My eldest just turned eighteen. My husband and I (before we got married) found her abandoned. There were feral cats in the area, and she was very small--about ten days old. My vet thought her mother abandoned her because she wouldn't have survived being a street cat. Anyway, we went to the pet store and got tiny little bottles and kitty formula. We had to feed her every two hours at first. Gradually we weaned her to semi-liquid canned cat food. She would stick her whole face in the food and suck it up! Now she's so old, she can't control her kidneys and bowels, but she still seems to enjoy life. As long as she seems content, we plan to let her go on. Our other cat is only two. He's HUGE (about 20 pounds), and loves to "hunt", batting milk bottle caps around the room and then "pouncing" on them. He was another rescue. We found him wandering around in the mall parking lot. My daughter thought he was a girl at first (he was still very young), and we found out our mistake while he was on the vet's table! After a slight name change, my daughter accepted that her girl cat was a boy, and now they are inseperable.
Elyse C.
on 6/9/03 4:28 am - Roswell, GA
Topic: animal farm at my house
Hi, I'm a new member and I have a virtual farm at my house. I have two dogs, four guinea pigs, and two fish (bettas). I also have two "regular" children without fur and scales. I love cats, too. I used to volunteer at the humane society locally, but haven't for a long while. Maybe I need to do it again. I would have more animals is local ordinances would allow me!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Looking for a home...
SapphireStar · 0 replies · 613 views
test thread
nikonshooter · 0 replies · 485 views
Horse people
Meginsf · 10 replies · 803 views
Ferrets!
shiftling · 1 replies · 446 views