helping a horse

laury
on 3/21/05 10:57 am - San Manuel, AZ
We bought a new horse. We have one already, and she is a dream. Just a good gal. I ride her now. But we were looking for a new one for my daughter to ride with me. After looking and looking, we found this poor guy. He was like a walking skeleton.They say he is about 20, but, we are not sure he is that old. No matter. The people that had him were drug addicts. My daughter's 4-H leader had saved him. When I asked her if she knew anyone that wanted to sell a horse she told us about these two she bought. We went and looked at them and just fell in love with Charlie. My daughter rode him for a few minutes and he will be the perfect addition to our family. She changed his name to Bonzi, and he has already put on weight after only a week. We decided that he won't be ridden for a few months. Going to give him a chance to really feel better. We take them to the arena and turn them loose and he is now running for short bursts with our other horse. I have a great feeling about this guy. We will keep pounding the extra senior feed and rice bran to him along with hay and barley. He has a good home now. God bless, Laury
**Beck S.
on 4/5/05 4:10 pm
God Bless you! I love stories like this. Thank you for sharing
Sue72694
on 1/24/06 2:19 am - New Baltimore, MI
I hope all is well with Charlie. What a wonderful thing to happen for him. Suzanne
baddgurrl
on 2/17/07 9:01 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Probably this horse will be priceless to your family, just be careful about pouring all that grain into him , laminitis etc. besides underweight horses that are grained that heavily tend to colic. Not being preachy and I am sure you know, I am sure glad he landed where he did......come to the mountains and ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tomscandy
on 4/9/09 1:58 pm
I'm so glad to know there or other women on here that love horses...I love to look at pictures of horses here on the internet...I just go to free pictures of horses, and daydream..I have a spotted saddle horse, he is bay and white, and my husband has a black and white SSH.. Anyway, just really glad to know this....Charlie will know in anothe couple of wks, just how lucky he is...You should have called him Lucky..ha ha     Thanks for sharing...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Looking for a home...
SapphireStar · 0 replies · 613 views
test thread
nikonshooter · 0 replies · 485 views
Horse people
Meginsf · 10 replies · 803 views
Ferrets!
shiftling · 1 replies · 446 views