Dog died...what to do?

Paola N.
on 9/26/04 1:34 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Guys...my sister's dog died today. He had been with her since he was a baby (11 years) and she was a teenager. He was a miniature Schnauzer and his name was Bacon The vet is keeping the body overnight while my sister figures out what to do with it. Does anybody have a suggestion? Thanks! Paola
LINDAHAFLEY
on 9/28/04 3:31 pm - HELENDALE, CA
I feel so deeply for your sister, I lost my baby dog last year, I actually had to put him to sleep he was 13 years old and a little Black and Tan Weenie dog named Otto. He was my constant companion, I had to bring him home and bury him here close, I still miss him all the time. She will need to do what ever makes her comfortable so she can have closer. Good luck to her. Sincerely Linda
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/04 2:26 am - Vancouver, WA
My condolences go out to you and your sister. I don't know if she has made a decision yet but I know that with my cat who died, I was able to pay a bit more and have the body privately cremated and returned to me in a nice little box. For a lesser charge, the vet can have it cremated in the way that you don't get the body back. Again, I'm so sorry.
LYNN T.
on 10/23/04 4:36 am - GREAT NECK, NY
hi. i want to express my deepest heart felt sympathy to you and your sister. i also lost my sweetest baby on august 19, 2004 and am still crying my eyes out at times. i had my sweetheart cremated privately so i have his ashes near me all the time. i sleep with the box of his ashes and his favorite teddybear. i cannot describe the pain, lonliness and emptyness that i feel being without my little baby. it's so awful and intense that at times it's unbearable. i hope you heal and recover soon. Lynn
susan in sugar land
on 7/10/05 6:55 am - SUGAR LAND, TX
Our 13-14 year old best friend, Jake, died in January of '05. We had him cremated and took his ashes with us on Spring break. We always go back to the same place and Jake loved it. We spread some of his ashes there and the rest are sitting on a shelf. Our vet took a paw print and made it into a ceramic wall hanging so we also have that. Four months later, Marley came to us. She is a Sharpey mix, 5 1/2 months old, 45+ lb. puppy that has healed our family. We have always been blessed with animals that find us versus us finding them or buying them. My condolences to your sister. Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Looking for a home...
SapphireStar · 0 replies · 613 views
test thread
nikonshooter · 0 replies · 483 views
Horse people
Meginsf · 10 replies · 803 views
Ferrets!
shiftling · 1 replies · 445 views