Need advice for Plastic surgery.

evcorso
on 2/15/21 3:45 am

After my first delivery I look so aged and am very disappointed about my face. I'm very sad to see my old photos. I'm not having a happy mind to take a pic even with my baby. I'm also facing the problem of double chin too. I want to lift my face through face lifting plastic surgery and make my face more better. But the problem is I had my delivery 2 year ago and I'm still feeding my baby. I need to know if there will be any problem with my baby's health as I need to take more medication before and after plastic surgery. If anybody have any experience in plastic surgery, please share some overall experience and information.

Lauren010110
on 2/15/21 10:43 am - Victorville, CA

I had a plastic surgery consultation (body procedures) a couple of years ago and during that time I was still breastfeeding and was told that I would need to have stopped breastfeeding 4-6 months prior to any surgery because of hormonal changes and that my body would need to be stabilized (plus, if I got a Tummy Tuck, I shouldn't be lifting anything over 10 pounds, so feedings would be difficult with a child crawling over me) and with the medicines I'd take afterward for pain, could not go to the baby. I am not sure with a facial procedure and how that would faire. That's a good question! I know there are a ton of experienced surgeons on here that I am sure you could find and reach out to and I know OH has a helpful team that can help you find someone who works with bariatric patients/ =) Good luck!

evcorso
on 2/16/21 12:41 am

Thank you so much for the quick response and information, Lauren.

I was in a great dilemma of having surgery because of the concerns about my baby, that's why I had shared my doubt. Also, I have read some articles about the after-effects of having anesthesia and medications on breastfeeding babies as you said. So I think that's a fact. However, only an experienced surgeon can give a proper answer. So I'm thinking about consulting a surgeon to know more about having plastic surgery in the face and whether it causes any issues to my baby.

Anyway, very much thanks for your quick response here.

Kelly M.
on 2/27/21 1:10 pm - TX

I can not tell you one thing about breast feeding but what I can tell you I had lower face and neck lift picture is current ,Will be three years November, I love it!

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

evcorso
on 3/13/21 2:44 am

Oh great!!!
How are you feeling now??????

Most Active