One glorious moment!

Willie H.
on 10/17/19 12:57 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

I had VSG on August 26,2014 (5 years ago) and for the first 6 months to about 2 years I lost weight pretty regularly up to 100 lbs. I'm not complaining, the tool did what it was suppose to do, but it was frustrating that afterwards no matter what I did I just could not get under 247 lbs which was my low. I worked out hard, I ate a lot less calories, low carb, etc but my weight remained between about 252-255 lbs for the last 3 years. I mean, at least I did not really gain. I just assumed because of my age (surgery at 55, now 60 years old) with less testosterone that this was just my set weight (weight I was in high school) -especially as I looked on these forums those who started about the same weight as I even went into ONEderland? But eventually I realize that was just a cop out and not taking accountability, some of us just have to work harder, so we just work harder! So I tried Intermittent Fasting which appears to be working, I have finally gotten under 247 lbs! (246-1lb under may not seem like much but I'm psyched!!!) Eating sensibly into a 8 hour window puts me into a caloric deficit and thus the weight loss. So it tells me two things. 1. I can still lose weight. 2. I was probably incorrectly recording my caloric intake before-eat TOO MUCH! So true we NEED to weigh our foods and know how much we are eating, REALLY how much!

Anyway, let me get to my subject "One Glorious Moment". I became very sick on Monday, had the flu or something and although I ate Chicken Soup, I did not eat much of anything else. Also I still stuck to my Intermittent Fasting window, other than today because I'm back at work and did not want to become weak. I usually give my weight on scale as it is with my clothes and shoes on and as I said it was down to 246 lbs. But yesterday I slept from 8am until 2am this morning. I got up because I was dehydrated , and also had to use the bathroom because before I fell asleep I drank a lot of fluids. So I got up, I drank a little Zero Gatorade mixed with water, and then went into the bathroom to relieve myself. Afterward I stepped on the scale and it READ "238!!??" Wow!!!! I was amazed! I know the weight loss was only water and due to my being sick and also just having my jammies on with no shoes, but oh what a "Glorious Moment!" -frozen in time!! I know it sounds ridiculous but It just gave me hope and confidence that my body can and will lose more weight! I have the potential! I mean "238"??? Last time I weighed that was in 1997! Since I ate and drank normally today I know when I get home and back on the scale it'll be at my normal weight of around 246 lbs, but that's ok. When i eventually reach my goal I'll look back on my One Glorious Moment!!!!! I

In this battle, I'll take any victory I can!!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

TheWombat
on 10/17/19 1:27 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Congrats!

White Dove
on 10/17/19 3:18 pm - Warren, OH

That is an amazing feeling. I am so glad you shared it with us.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

jmk187
on 10/17/19 3:52 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

So happy for you Willie! Love that you are being real with yourself. I know you can get to any weight goal you set for yourself. Just like I can. Everyone who doubts themselves should read this post. Interesting enough that 8 hour window of eating with meals spaced 4 hours apart is exactly what my weight loss surgery program tells all their patients to eat..who knew I was already doing intermittent fasting!

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/19 8:18 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

Congratulations to you!

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/19 7:57 am

You GO Willie !!!

momyshaver
on 10/26/19 3:12 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I appreciate you sharing such an honestly detailed post with us. I can only imagine what a glorious moment that was in addition to a real mental boost and encouragement.

GorgeousBD
on 11/8/19 5:46 am

Stories like yours are ones that inspire people, and it's amazing.

Most Active