RNY + Thyca?

Trigna
on 10/2/13 11:06 pm
RNY on 11/29/13 with

Anyone? Or Thyca plus any WLS, really. Bonus points if you are also on Armour =)

Hello, by the way =) This is my first post, although I've been doing tons of reading here. I haven't received a surgery date yet, but I'm expecting to have one some time in early December. I'm so excited, especially when I look at everyone's before and after pictures here. However, thyroid med absorption remains my big concern. I've found and read posts and articles all over that emphasize both pros and cons of thyroid med absorption with RNY or WLS, in general. I'd love to run into someone who is either going through or went through this recently and hear what your experience was, good or bad.

Thanks!

Member Services
on 10/3/13 3:52 am - Irvine, CA

Hello,

If you have not done so, be sure and post his on the RNY Forum  

Congratulations on taking control of your life and weight loss journey.  Be sure and check out OH's home page, with great articles, blog entries, before and after photos and much more.   ​​ Here are some Weight Loss Surgery Resources.

About Obesity

About Weight Loss Surgery

Medical Necessity

Post-op Planner

BMI Calculator

Health Tracker

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/choice-of-bariatric-proc edure-a-philosophy-obtained-in-20-years-of-bariatric-practic e-2/http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/choice-of-bariatric-proc edure-a-philosophy-obtained-in-20-years-of-bariatric-practic e-2/

If you need any further assistance, please let us know at [email protected]

Regards,

Member Services

angeleigh
on 10/3/13 7:23 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I dont have Thyca, But i do take a thyroid med every day. I personally take Levothyroxin and with that my levels have been fine. Only thing is that I take it 4 hours before I take any other meds or vitamins. And I wait at least 1/2 hour before I eat anything. As far as the meds not being absorbed after RNY, that is not true as for a lot of people take them after. You just have to be aware of when your taking it and with other meds.  our dosing might have to adjusted but other then that for most nothing changes.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Trigna
on 10/5/13 4:07 am
RNY on 11/29/13 with
Thank you! Sounds like what I already do =)
Most Active