Newbe

Laccygurl
on 8/1/13 2:45 am - Paso Robles, CA
Hi im Laurie,
Just wanted to say hi and let you all know a lil about me. Im 46, have been over weight all my life. I have one child he is 11. He is a big part of why I had my WLS, I had RNY on 5/13/13,. I wanted to make sure that I was around for him and I did it for myself. Was tired of not feeling good and takeing 9 different meds, happy to say only takeing one med now and that is only as needed. Needed it less and less. I started my journey at 352, am now 269.6. A total loss so far of 83 pounds, had to lose 27, befor I could get my date. I had it two weeks after I lost the 27. Woop woop.
I was scared **** less at first , but have a great support team. Went in to have my surgury on May 13, 2013. Came out of recrovery with very lil pain and no nausa, from what I have seen on hear im one of the lucky ones. I was up and walking from the time they took me to my room, walked from bed to bathroom, took a small break and was up and going. My doc came in and told me if I think about walking get up and walk walk walk. So I did. I was released the next day. I took home my CIRCLE OF LIFE, six small scars on my tummy. Im feeling great, wish I had done it years ago. Thank you for letting me ramble on. Love this sight.
Please add me if you like.

Laurie
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/13 3:33 am

Thank you for sharing, Laurie! CONGRATULATIONS! 

sparkle123
on 8/1/13 7:29 am - MI

I'm really glad to hear that you got it done! Congratulations! I too want to get a WLS done. 

Lora R.
on 8/2/13 11:26 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

Laurie,

My name is Lora.  I am also 46, have two sons, 27 and 25.  I have 3 grandchildren.  I so want to be able to run and play with them.  I am also taking numerous meds.  Just got my clearance from the cardiologist, waiting for it to be submitted to the insurance for preapproval.  Hope to have my surgery date in 3-4 weeks.  I started at 347 in April.  I love the Circle of Life, awesome way to look at the scars.  It was inspiring to see as our journeys are very similar.  Best of luck on continuing weightloss.

Most Active