C diff???

kawkbw
on 5/12/13 12:16 am - MA

I had my pani removed and a TT 3 weeks ago.  I've had soft stools for about 2 weeks now.  I would think it would have been the opposite since taking pain meds and iron 2x a day.  Has anyone had C Diff? I'm calling my PCP tomorrow to get some answers and help. 

VSG on 06/12/13

When I worked in healthcare, one of the ways we knew to ask the doc to order a test was the terrible odor that occurred.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

kawkbw
on 5/12/13 12:29 am - MA

I don't feel there's a terrible odor ( if that's possible??? Lol)

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/13 3:12 am

OMG, the odor is enough to bring tears to your eyes.  Regular pooh smells like roses in comparison. It is an extreme odor that is so bad it almost hurts to be in the same room with a C-Diff person.

You really think just due to soft stools after major surgery this means something as severe as C-Diff???

A. Kondrlik
on 5/12/13 3:14 am
VSG on 01/24/13

If it does end up being Cdiff it it extremely contaguious.  Make sure you use good handwashing. Usually cdiff is more than just soft stools, It is usually watery diarrhea.  But call your doctor just to be safe.

anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

kawkbw
on 5/12/13 4:51 am - MA

I'm hoping its not. But the odor is NOT how you describe.  I hope I'm being paranoid. I'm just worried because I would think being on iron 2x a day the stools would be firm.  I'm sorry for the TMI!!! I'm calling tomorrow just to ask.  I also had a blood transfusion  5 weeks ago ( needed 5 bags). So hopefully that as nothing to do with it also.  

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/13 7:12 am
On May 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM Pacific Time, kawkbw wrote:

I'm hoping its not. But the odor is NOT how you describe.  I hope I'm being paranoid. I'm just worried because I would think being on iron 2x a day the stools would be firm.  I'm sorry for the TMI!!! I'm calling tomorrow just to ask.  I also had a blood transfusion  5 weeks ago ( needed 5 bags). So hopefully that as nothing to do with it also.  

Odds are they gave you antibiotics during surgery and you just need some probiotics.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/12/13 7:33 pm - Burleson, TX

For a definitive diagnososis of C-diff, your doc needs to run testing. C-diff is usually treated with a round or two of Flagyl. "Soft" stools not the norm of C-diff (but anything possible, of course). C-diff usually keeps you looking for the potty, seems like constantly...And..yes...and the previous poster said..can be VERY contagious...

35 yr career nurse/23 yr mama...but mostly my credentials are I HAD the bugger all thru Christmas and I was too ignorant to realize what I had...Who knows what I was thinking...or NOT thinking...I had prayed and asked God...sometime around Thansgiving. to help me with my holiday eating, to not go hog wild...well, as the saying goes, "be careful what you ask for"...I was sick thru most of the holiday season, and was not tempted to eat hardly any crap...I guess the C-diff was a GOOD thing, for ME!

Please do consult your physician, and, in the meantime, drink as many fluids as you can, to avoid dehydration--

C-diff is easily treated-that's the good part !

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Watson
on 5/13/13 1:26 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with

I had two panniculectomy surgeries, one in 2011 and one in 2012. Also I had a VSG in 2010. I do have an iron deficiency and I do take two iron tablets a day at night time and I do take a vitamin C chewable (one chewable a day at night time) to go along with my two iron tablets everyday. I know that vitamin C helps absorb iron in your system. I don't have an vitamin C deficiency, but I do with my iron.

I wish you the best kawkbw.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

mustlovepoodles
on 5/27/13 6:45 am
VSG on 12/31/13
I haven't had WLS yet, but I just wanted to say every time I have surgery, even hand surgery, I have soft, frequent stools for several weeks after. Don't know why. I just have stay near a bathroom. Never had c-diff.
Most Active