travelling /hotel with kitchen food ideas.

rainyone
on 5/5/13 11:57 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

I'm headed to Orlando for 10 days with hubby and 2 kids ( 14 and 9). We have a condo with a full kitchen so food can be prepared there but we will be limited with ingredients and some supplies.

We figure breakfast is easy ( greek yogurt or protein shakes for me) fruit , cereal , toast etc for the kids.

I'm a year out from VSG and can tolerate pretty much anything. We will have a car and can hit costco/walmart /grocery stores.

I'm trying to think of a few meals to have on hand. Thinking rostiserre chicken will be handy some nights with some veggies, and a starch for the family.

What tv dinners are good? atkins? other simple stuff that doesn't take a lot of ingredients and spices we won't have on hand .

Stuff to take to the park? thinking some protein bars, nuts, and other stuff like that?

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

stephanieplum
on 5/6/13 12:47 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I like the Bumblebee Thai Chili Tuna...it comes with crackers (take it or leave it) and it's a meal or a snack.  No refrigeration needed.  Beef Jerky, cottage cheese, tuna, eggs (make an omelet), frozen Tyson naked chicken nuggets, Gorton's frozen fish, turkey Italian sausages....hamburger patties.  The possibilities are endless!

Enjoy your vacation!

martitalinda
on 5/6/13 1:44 am

Have fun in Orlando ... AWESOME!!!! You have endless possibilities as the previous poster suggested.  I love hard boiled eggs ... you can boil them and keep them on ice they keep for a long time then pour ho****er over them from the coffee maker if you want to eat them warm... string cheese and tuna are must haves ... I have baked beef and chicken and sliced them in fajitas cuts and placed them in ziploc bags ... they can be eaten with a slice of avocado and a slice or red pimento if you can tolerate it wrapped in an iceberg lettuce leaf and wrapped as a taco... YUM ...

Get creative and have FUN FUN FUN!!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

its-killen-me
on 5/6/13 5:15 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

Fix up a container of chopped letuce, onion, green pepper, tomato etc,,, for submarine sandwiches and make everyone build their own subs in the morning.  Pack them in a cooler bag for your lunch with some healty snacks and drinks.  This is also good for adding to omelets for breakfast. 

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Most Active