Gallbladder removeal

Addie C.
on 11/21/12 3:25 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12

Well so it is to be remove my Gallbladder! I am having mixed feelings on the matter. Glad it is going cause the junk it has caused me for the last five years but, I hate to have surgery again so soon. It will be removed next Friday! Maybe now I can eat and drink without being sick!

Valerie G.
on 11/21/12 4:13 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If it's been bothering you for 5+ years, why on earth didn't they just remove it when you got your VSG a month ago?  Rapid weight loss only aggrevates the problems.  I'm glad you'll soon be getting some relief!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Addie C.
on 11/21/12 5:39 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12
Well, before I was told by a quack doc it was acid reflux. So for years I just took meds for that. Then after VSG it got real bad. My doc now said let check ur gb. Well that seems to be the problem.

Kenni
on 11/21/12 4:36 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 04/10/13
I havent had my surgery yet, but I do have gallstones. I haven't yet met with my surgeon but my doctors and nurses have told me that there is a good chance that he will take it out at the same time as my rny. I've read that as a precaution that a lot of surgeons will take your gallbladder out during surgery. I'd rather them do it at once than have two separate surgeries! Good luck with your surgery! I know that having gall bladder problems isn't fun..I feel constantly sick and unable to breath!

http://chunkygirlkendra.blogspot.ca           

Surgery date: April 10, 2012    

Starting Weight: 386.0
Surgery Weight: 329.0

Addie C.
on 11/21/12 5:42 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12
Thats the truth. I should have told him more before. I wish he took it out before. My fault.

ihollywood
on 11/21/12 11:10 am

Is it normal to have problems with your gallbladder after surgery?

Carol S.
on 11/21/12 7:18 pm - Milwaukee, WI

I just had an upper abdominal surgery that was done laproscopically and I was in and out of there the same day.  They may keep you overnight because they are actually taking something out of you but I bounced back pretty quickly.  It took me about 2 or so weeks to work out again and by week three I was running short distances, by week 5 I ran 18 miles.

Get that sucker out of there!  Good luck on the removal.  

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Diana M.
on 11/22/12 8:49 am - TX
VSG on 07/12/12

I had my gallbladder taken out on Friday, October 19.  I was back to work the following Monday, and did a 5k walk the next weekend.....gallbladder removal was a breeze.  Good luck to you!

Most Active