Slip up

Talmani
on 1/2/12 8:58 am - Phoenixville, PA
So hoe do you recover from a slip? In the last two days I have made some mistakes and I fear that I am going downhill.

So how did you recover from your slip ups?
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
AnneGG
on 1/2/12 9:06 am
Keep them at being only a slip up, and not let it turn into a full blown relapse. Start the new day fresh with structure and support and plan in place, and stick to it. Just for today, sometimes one hour or one minute at a time.

To err is human; to forgive yourself is divine.

You can do it!!! Yes, you can!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Mary Catherine
on 1/2/12 11:00 am
 Start with the scale.  What you weigh is what matters, not how healthy you feel or how your clothes fit.  That is completely against what many people will tell you.  The scale keeps you from being in denial.  

The people who say not to worry about the scale would go ballastic if the gas station took away the measurement on the pump and just gave them some gas without knowing how many gallons it was.  

They would be furious if their boss said here is some money for your salary, don't bother counting it. You need an accurate measurement.  Always weigh yourself. If the scale is on the right number, don't worry too much about the slipup. If the number on the scale is too high, then you need to do something about it.
AnneGG
on 1/2/12 4:25 pm
My scale keeps me accountable- I so agree with you. I like your analogies about salary and the gas pump.

I have a wi-fi scale called Withing- it communicates with my computer and my laptop, and keeps a graph of my ongoing daily weight, my goal, and my average.

And I also think how healthy you are is another yardstick- I get copies of and keep track of my labwork.

I do like how my jeans fit.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

lanunes
on 1/2/12 5:35 pm - CA
I find I tend not to track my food on days I don't do well. So if your not tracking start by doing that. Also, I tend to not weigh myself on those days.  It's hard to get back on track but the longer you wait the harder it will be. Just know that when you get back on track you will feel really good about yourself and it all starts with 1 day of being good and the rest is easy. Good luck tomorrow, you can do it!!! 
      Leslie Nunes              
Talmani
on 1/2/12 9:57 pm - Phoenixville, PA
Thanks everyone! I am getting rid of the offending food to see if that helps. I can see how easy it is to slip into old habits. Luckily the scale hasn't shown it yet but it definitely felt like a gate way to bad behavior. M
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
Most Active