Laws will be broken,
you can be sure of that.
But there is no crime
for being obese or fat.

Written
by
Traci Wagner
(aka--Miss_Kitty)

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Kathleen W.
on 11/16/11 6:54 am - Lancaster, PA
That's a sad commentary on our society, considering  that the obesity rate in this country is on the upswing.  Thanks for sharing.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

poet_kelly
on 11/16/11 8:00 am - OH
I don't understand why some people say that it's ok to be biased or discriminate against the obese.  Yes, there is a lot of prejudice and discrmination against the obese, for sure.  But many minorities suffer prejudice and discrimination. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

littleskie
on 11/16/11 8:22 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I once failed sixth grade because my teacher felt that us white kids were taking up valuable space in her class that should be made available to african american kids. This was in the seventies. The principle passed me but didn't do anything to the teacher tho I complained all year long. He told me repeatedly that was her last year teaching and the wanted her to be able to get her full pension.

Yet I am told because of my skin color I have never been discriminated against.

I have been turned down for a job and told to my face I didn't get it because "If I couldn't manage to put down a fork how could I manage other people in an office setting."

Discrimination exists in all shapes, colors and orientations. It's wrong no matter who it is directed at. I feel sadly when I hear someone making discriminating remarks. I usually will step in and say something, course that could just be because I have a big mouth...lol.

Either way it will continue on no matter what. Small minded people need ways to make themselves feel better. The easiest way is to make fun of someone else, making them feel bad. It's a terrible way to go thru life.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Docj
on 11/16/11 8:44 am
Revision on 09/01/88
 LUV that! Please send that to Dr. John Kelly at U. of Penn. Did you hear about his tacky fat jokes printed in a medical periodical? He needs your poem.
Miss_Kitty
on 11/17/11 6:38 am - New Bedford, MA
I heard something about this Dr. John Kelly and his at jokes, but I don't know much about it.

I'm glad you liked it!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Most Active