PURE ABSORB IRON

Dot T.
on 10/8/11 1:29 am - Bartlesville, OK
 anyone seen this?  I just saw a commercial.  Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

http://www.betterlife.com/prod_home_page.asp?prod_id=41486
poet_kelly
on 10/8/11 1:54 am - OH
I can't tell from the website how much iron is in it or what type of iron.  I am always very suspicious of any supplements that don't readily list all their ingredients.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/11 1:58 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I googled for reviews and all I could find was 1 review. The review said to not drink it straight from the pkg because it has a metallic taste. The only other thing I could find on it was trademark information. It appears to be a very new product.

www.trademarkia.com/spatone-pur-absorb-iron-85221301.html
Elizabeth N.
on 10/8/11 2:26 am, edited 1/1/12 10:15 pm - Burlington County, NJ

tenacia2000
on 10/23/11 5:46 pm - Mt
Thank you for all this great information. I found this group when I did research on this iron product. I am about 1 1/2 years out of my gastric bypass and I do suffer from anemia. I had my first iron infusion about two months ago. So far my labs are high enough I don't need another one just yet. I went from 13 to 27 on my iron status so we will see how it goes. I have tried prescription iron tabs and they didn't do me any good. I was hoping maybe since this iron was liquid maybe it would absorb better. I am so happy to have found this group and I look forward to more conversations. By the way, I hope you had a nice time in Montana, I love it here and I have great doctors here. Thanks again....
Elizabeth N.
on 10/23/11 10:48 pm, edited 1/1/12 10:16 pm - Burlington County, NJ

April E.
on 10/9/11 4:42 am - Bogart, GA
I emailed them about the amount and type of iron in the product and was sent to this website: http://www.spatone.com/

Apparently the product was developed in the UK and is the same as this one called spatone. Below is info from their website about how much iron is in it. Not a lot.

What are the ingredients of Spatone?

On sachet of Spatone typically contains 5mg of elemental iron, clinically shown to have a bioavailablity of up to 40% compared to an average 5 - 20% from food sources and
3 -10% from conventional iron supplements in tablet format.

Elizabeth N.
on 10/9/11 6:40 am, edited 1/1/12 10:16 pm - Burlington County, NJ

April E.
on 10/9/11 6:54 am - Bogart, GA
I don't know as there is a lot of BS on the website I don't feel like wading thru esp for 5 mg of iron no matter the source.

Elizabeth N.
on 10/9/11 6:57 am, edited 1/1/12 10:17 pm - Burlington County, NJ

Most Active