No, I will not read your blog

goodkel
on 8/26/11 3:54 pm
Please stop asking me.

I really don't care about your "journey."

Seriously, unless you have an undeveloped parasitic twin attached to your shoulder trying to shove Snickers bars in your mouth, you're probably not saying anything I haven't read before. ( and, if you do, can you send me the link?)

If you interest me enough to want to know more about you, I'll click on your profile. That's why it is there and it is one click on the back arrow to return me to my place in the thread.

I also have no interest in "friending" anyone on Facebook who discusses WLS.

WLS is like having warts all over your right hand that prevents it from doing things. Once they are removed, life is normal. You don't obsess over the scars they've left behind, you just enjoy being able to grasp a ski pole, swing from the monkey bars, hold someones hand.

You don't harbor bitterness that people react differently when you offer your hand for a shake than they did when it was covered in scaly warts. That's just the way it is. Immersing yourself in negative emotion over it is unhealthy and a waste of time.  I don't care to read your unnecessary psychological struggle over it or similar nonsense issues.

You are normal now and if you have nothing interesting to discuss besides your WLS, no thanks.

Thank you for listening.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Mary Catherine
on 8/26/11 11:03 pm
 You have heard it all before and you don't need to hear it again.

Were you born knowing everything about weight loss surgery or did you learn from reading other people's posts and blogs?

I was born knowing nothing about it and learned everything that I do know from others.  I am always open to sharing the experience of others. I am always learning something new or seeing something old in a different light.  Some blogs are more interesting, humorous or informative than others.  

If you don't need to read blogs, than don't do it.  But don't discourage others from reading and writing blogs.  It is a great way to share experiences and to help others learn that we all face the same obstacles.
goodkel
on 8/27/11 4:47 am
I learned about WLS through independent research of scientific studies and from interactions on this message board. All anyone can "learn" from a blog is one person's opinion and experience. Even if someone was looking for others personal experiences, reading one blog per person/experience is probably the least efficient means of getting that information.

Not useful at all.

But, I'm not demanding that everyone stop writing them. If they do something for YOU, knock yourself out. Just please stop asking me to read them.
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/26/11 11:06 pm

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

goodkel
on 8/27/11 4:48 am

Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

MyLady Heidi
on 8/26/11 11:25 pm
I read every profile that existed prior to my wls, do I still read them ever, no, I am not really interested in knowing how it works because I know how it works now by living it.  The caveat is why post about not caring about peoples blogs or profiles, no one cares what you read or don't read, or who you friend or don't, so what is the point of this post exactly?
goodkel
on 8/27/11 4:55 am
 My point was made very clearly.

I want people to stop asking me to read their blogs. THAT is the point.

If you're not going to state your opinion in the thread, don't bother posting that your opinion on that particular matter can be found on your blog.

The obvious and shameless promotion of blogs is no less annoying than other spam.
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/27/11 6:57 am
Most of the time people do the whole "Read my blog!" thing to drive traffic over so you can read boring googe ads. 99% of peeps don't know how to make a website worth reading. Not to say there aren't a few good ones out there, but the vast majority really stink for a variety of reasons.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

goodkel
on 8/27/11 8:03 am
On August 27, 2011 at 1:57 PM Pacific Time, busybee212 wrote:
Most of the time people do the whole "Read my blog!" thing to drive traffic over so you can read boring googe ads. 99% of peeps don't know how to make a website worth reading. Not to say there aren't a few good ones out there, but the vast majority really stink for a variety of reasons.
They're imagining the riches from their Google ad clicks!
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/27/11 10:31 am
LOL! Ok that's my new retirement plan, make a crappy blog with bad writing and fill every corner with ads that flash and provoke grand mal seizures. Wealth will be mine! Move over Carlos Slim!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active