detox cleanser

Linda P.
on 6/15/11 12:03 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 10/18/10 with
Can I do a two day detox cleanser safely? I am 8 months posy op!
MsBatt
on 6/15/11 12:17 pm
You CAN---but why would you WANT to??? Your colon is self-cleansing.
Sharyn S.
on 6/15/11 12:29 pm - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/16/11 4:54 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/16/11 5:48 am
Depends on what you want to do as a detox.  Just make sure you do not get more that you bargain for.
What type of detox you want - need to do and why?
I do plan to do a 2 week detox plan.  I already getting ready for that.  I start by increasing the amount of veggies in my diet.  Salads, cooked veggies. During same week  I eliminate most (if not all) offending chemicals: artificial sweeteners, flavorings, and try to as much whole food diet as I can. (minimally processes)
 Then I do the detox (colon, or liver, or kidneys.. what ever I need to do..) I need to do a few shortly 
But my body is sensitive and I know that most items for detox can be harsh. When I do my detox - I start very slowly (i,e. 1/2 of the pills- capsules..) and I would start on a weekend or on a day that I can afford to be "a little sick"

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Linda P.
on 6/16/11 7:51 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 10/18/10 with
Thank you for responding.  I appreciate the advice, however what do you mean a little sick; like the runs???

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/16/11 8:08 am
runs can be one (when you doing colon cleanse and you do not know how your body responds to the "product")
Cramps can be another (same thing)
Overall nausea... (for liver , GB or kidney cleanse)
Some really strong detox can case headaches, nausea, pains, runny nose, even fever... (flu like symptoms -  like an allergic reaction)

And yes ... in the past (before I had RNY) I did a lot of cleanses... and had one or some or all of the above issues...
Some describe that is analogy... taking out garbage from your house - means that you need to open the garbage can and some smell will get out in the process. so until you get the stuff out of your house - process of cleaning - may make is worse for a short while... (i.e if you are allergic to dust and have other this type of allergies - cleaning your house - can be hazardous to your health.. but not cleaning - is not an option... ).

Most Active