From initial consult to surgery w/ Dr. Nease?

kittenlily
on 5/4/11 2:06 pm - WV
Hey guys!

I'm just curious. From the initial consult to the surgery date, how long does he make you wait? I know there are pre-op tests to run and stuff but a guesstimate would be great!

Thanks!

K
kittenlily
on 5/31/11 2:33 pm - WV
I got my answers. Dr. Nease's staff is amazing and it's basically up to your insurance and what they require. I have a few more nutrition visits, my psych eval and I should be good to go!

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 1:31 pm - WV
I've been wondering the same thing. Dr Nease is my surgeon as well. My insurance doesn't require much at all. I don't even have to do a pre-diet. How is your journey going so far? 
kittenlily
on 7/20/11 3:42 pm - WV
It honestly does depend on your insurance.

I've finished all of my requirements for Aetna finally and am waiting for a response regarding approval. After that, Jackie says that it could be about two weeks before the actual surgery date. Of course that also depends on the number of surgeries Dr. Nease has scheduled also. It all moves pretty fast after they get the information they need though. :)
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 10:53 am - WV

Congrats! Hopeyour approval comes soon. I saw Dr Nease on Monday. I talked to Jackie on Monday. We had a little disagreement because my insurance does not require a 6 month diet. She doesn't believe me. SO I called my insurance rep. They tried to call her and tell her that I don't need it. I've tried calling her all week and can not get a return call. :( Hopefully she calls me tomorrow. I did my blood work, chest x-ray, and ekg today. I have my psych evail and the nutrition class in the next two weeks. I'm not sure what happens after that.

kittenlily
on 7/22/11 5:29 am - WV
Thanks! I hope so too :)

Jackie takes a little time to return calls because she's really busy. Plus I think they are missing two peeps from the office due to vacations. She'll return your call.. it just might take a day or two.

Honestly, after the psych eval and the nutrition class, if your insurance doesn't require 3 nutritionist visits like mine did, you should be good to go! Once you're approved and have a date set, you'll have one more visit called the "nurse's visit" where they cover the diet you go home on, tips for your hospital stay and offer to answer any final questions you have.

Looks like we might be having surgery at around the same time! :)
bersjourney
on 7/26/11 6:36 pm
Hi

I've been trying to get ahold of Dr Nease staff to sign up for a seminar but I never get an answer. I've left a message with my name and phone number but they never returned my calls. Is this normal? What should I do? I live about 2 hours away from Huntington, in Vienna.
kittenlily
on 7/30/11 1:18 pm - WV
That is really weird.

The longest I've waited for a response was about 48 hours.

I've known people to just walk into one of the seminars and have it count though... have you checked the seminar schedule?

http://cabellhuntington.org/services/surgical-weight-control /

All of the dates are listed there. I really hope this helps!
bersjourney
on 7/31/11 10:23 pm
I am scheduled Yay! I called back on Monday and was able to talk with Jackie. For some reason my message didn't go through. I think I pushed buttons trying to send it. She said if you do that your message gets erased somehow, said to just hang up and the message saves itself. So it was my fault. It all worked out though. I am in there.
She is such a nice lady. Very helpful. She was crying over the phone with me too. Bless her heart.
  Ber HT: 5'0 ~ 1st GW: 199 "My journey starts within myself."
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/11 1:58 pm - WV
I think they must be really busy the past few weeks. It took me three weeks to get a call back. I was starting to get angry. I left message after message. Either they were busy, or their phone service was acting up. I did finally get through though! I go Monday for my nutrition class!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2017 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4718 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6322 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5649 views