Has anyone heard any news lately on Mountain State BCBS approving the sleeve

Bout2bthin
on 7/24/10 1:06 am
I had my first consult with Dr.Shin last week.I am wanting the sleeve.MSBCBS isnt approving right now, but i hear its around the corner hopefully by Jan 2011 thats when my 6 months will be up..Anyone heard any news on approval..
cyndeea
on 9/22/10 1:27 pm
I am new to this site but was looking for answers to the same question.  We are on the same track, with my 6 months up in December and hoping to get approved for surgery after the first of the year.  I too am wanting the sleeve.  Best wishes!  I'll let you know if I find out anything new when I go to my consult next week. 
blessed_1970
on 10/7/10 11:09 pm
I got APPROVED on Oct 5, 2010...Im sooooo excited...Does anyone know how long it takes to have surgury after their approved??
cyndeea
on 10/8/10 8:29 pm
Hi Blessed.  Congratulations!  You have achieved what I am anxiously awaiting, APPROVAL!  I still have to finish out the flow sheets and that will take time, but I will check on some flow sheets that I should have from the past 2 years.  I thought they had to be 6 consecutive flow sheets.  One can only hope (fingers crossed).  When I was at my appointment I asked the nurse how long it takes and she said after approval it can take about 6-8 weeks. My daughter-in-law had the band a couple of weeks ago and I think it was about 4 weeks for her surgery date after approval.  The waiting seems forever.  She is getting good results already and it has only been a little over 2 weeks.  Best wishes to you on this journey.  Please keep us posted. 
Gin2bthin
on 10/13/10 1:50 pm - WV
How did your consult go? Did you find out anything about insurance coverage, or have you decided to go with another surgery?
cyndeea
on 10/13/10 10:45 pm
There is no new news about Mountain State approving the sleeve.  I'm not ready until January.  Hopefully they will pass it by then.  If not, I'm opting for the bypass.  I was researching the site last night to see if there was any news.  PEIA jumped on the bandwagon in August, surprising everyone.  They are usually behind BC, but I hope that will help BC with their decision if they are wavering.  One really never knows what to expect.  What are you opting for?
Gin2bthin
on 10/27/10 6:40 am - WV
Still no news for MSbcbs and the sleeve..For heavens sake people, jump on board,in the long run its way cheaper and less problematic than the bypass and band..Still hearing  on Jan 1 2011 for them approving..Just hope its not a rumor...
blessed_1970
on 10/7/10 11:18 pm
Ive completed everything that is needed for surgury...I also have the same ins as you do...all the visits have to be in a row for 6 months...they said that it could be in the past two years so i used two flow sheets from last year and i had to go to the dr and get another flow sheet before i could be approved...i was approved on Oct 5, 2010....im sooooo excited....Hope all ges well with u....stay in touch!!
cyndeea
on 10/13/10 1:23 pm
I got a little disappointed today.  I thought I could possibly go to the diet doctor I have seen a few times over the past 2 years.  He was one that dispensed prescription diet pills.  Anyway, long story short, I can't get any flow sheets because they don't know where they are and that doctor was in prison for allowing his office staff to dispense the diet drugs whie he was not there.   I have no idea if it would have helped to have a couole of those flow sheets, and I knew it was a long shoft but I still ended up disappointed.  Surgery for me seems so long away.  sigh....they say the hardest part is waiting and I'm beginning to believe that is true.  
Gin2bthin
on 10/14/10 3:54 am - WV
I am also opting for bypass if Msbcbs doesnt approve the sleeve by then.The pre cert lady at my dr. office says she believes I dont have anything to worry about and she really believes they will start approving by January..I SURE HOPE so.Ill be ready in January also keep me posted and Ill do the same.Fingers crossed..
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2024 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4723 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6329 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5653 views