What has been your experience with Dr. Ehab Akkary?

joteddie
on 6/23/10 1:20 am - Cumberland, MD
Hi. Has anyone had surgery with Dr. Akkary? How has it been. Thanks so much. Jo
baileyboo
on 6/26/10 12:17 am - Bridgeport, WV
My surgery with Dr Akkary is scheduled for Monday, June 28th.

From the reviews I've read, he seems to be a very good physician with an outstanding bedside manner and seems to listen well to his patients. Of course, I have only seen him once with my initial consult, but i have to tell you that i was pretty impressed. He isn't the type of doctor that rushes you or ignores any questions that you have. He will give you his honest opinion and seems very sincere with his answers.

Unfortunatley after August, he will no longer be with WVU. I was told at my pre-op that he has scheduled for surgeries up through August and then will be leaving WVU Ruby. He hasn't found another hopsital to practice out of yet (as of my pre-op visit), but I was reassured that once he does that we would be notified. They did, however, stress strongly that Dr Akkary wants to be within an hour of Morgantown.

Robert T.
on 6/29/10 1:44 am - Terra Alta, WV
 Dr. Akkary is the BEST, but from what I have heard he is leaving in August  2010.  I like him a lot he is very caring, and shows you the support like non-other.
greendragon
on 7/8/10 1:55 am - Morgantown, WV
Yup, that's what I've seen and heard.  Very personable, very available, but leaving WV in mid-August (sigh!).  I'm still crossing my fingers that they saved me a spot! 

greendragon
on 7/8/10 1:56 am - Morgantown, WV
Just read the previous posts more closely - if he's within an hour of Morgantown, then I'll follow him in an instant!

greendragon
on 7/11/10 10:42 pm - Morgantown, WV
Dr. Akkary left Friday, July 9th.  I just talked to the office.  I thought that was odd (earlier than he originally had thought) so I looked to see what I could find about it.  This article outlines the situation.

http://www.individual.com/story.php?story=119671314

The person making appointments is out until tomorrow - they said that arrangements were being made for those in the process already.  I'll come back and let folks know.

greendragon
on 7/13/10 6:08 am - Morgantown, WV
OK, Lynn at Dr. Akkary's former office said Dr. Costa in Greensburg, PA is taking on many of the patients. I've got a call into my insurance company to see if they'll cover him, as the closest surgeon they've got on their list is 2.5 hours away in Charleston. Dr. Costa would only be an hour away in PA. I should find out next week. Sigh.

Dr. Costa (Excela Health) is at 877-771-1234 for the seminar information. The direct line to Peggy, the coordinator for patients coming from Dr. Akarry, is 724-832-5194. Hope this helps some folks!

baileyboo
on 7/15/10 11:26 am - Bridgeport, WV
You might want to hold off Dragon.... I'm pretty positive Dr Akkary is going to be set up somewhere VERY soon (within the next 2-3 weeks).... I think you'll be sorry if you switch now. Just sayin
wvgal
on 6/4/11 5:40 am
he is not at preston memorial hospital in kingwoow wv     304-329-1400  hope this helps
wvgal
on 6/4/11 5:42 am
sorry he is at preston memorial hospital   304-329-1400
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2024 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4723 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6329 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?