Medicaid With Dr. Nease

AngelHagley
on 10/4/09 5:10 pm - enterprise, AL
Hi I contacted Dr. Nease's office and they sent me a info pack and I gave it to my Dr. and he has sent me to Joslin Diabetes Center at St. Mary's Hospital in Huntington and I have been going there for Diabetes education and I was wondering what the next step is? Should I call Dr. Nease's office? Has anyone on here had the surgery through Dr. Nease using medicaid? I appreciate any help!
sweetnpink41102
on 10/11/09 1:05 pm - WV
Hi! I haven't had it through Dr. Nease but I do know medicaid's requirements outside of what your surgeon requires.. i would go ahead and start on your 6 months of medical weight loss...you have to have 6 consecutive months.. which this means you go to your pcp..I just went to Kings Daughters Out reach center..and saw one of there physicians there every month..that is one of the main things you will need.. also you will have to have a physc eval..which will be done at your doctors office..generally you start at a seminar, the office calls you in and explains there program and you go from there..but first and foremost definitely start working on the 6 months of medical weight loss! good luck and dont get dicouraged..i know i did and here i am back 3 years later doing it again!
jeaniew
on 10/12/09 10:02 am - MOUNT GAY, WV
Other than the 6 months,   what are the other requirements?  Do you have to have diabetes?  I would appreciate any info on getting WV Medicaid to cover the surgery.
skinnygirl1978
on 10/15/09 3:25 am
If you call Dr. Nease's office, they will mail the West Virginia Medicaid requirements to you.  It is a long checklist that they require and yes, they do require you to have diabetes or they will not consider you for surgery.  I think the comment about the 6 months consecutive needed is from Kentucky Medicaid.  Requirements from state to state Medicaid vary. And WV Medicaid will only cover the gastric bypass.  They do not cover the band or any other weight loss surgery.
smorris6702
on 11/11/09 10:26 am - Mineral Wells, WV
Does WV medicaid require you to have diabetes even if your BMI is over 40? I'm also trying to get approved through WV medicaid, and I'm currently working on my 6 months with my doctor.
skinnygirl1978
on 2/10/10 5:16 am
Yes. WV Medicaid does require for all candidates to have diabetes, even if your BMI is 60.
Kat24fan
on 2/11/10 10:33 pm - Barboursville, WV
I'm not diabetic, my BMI was 55, and I had the Realize Band. I have Medicare/WV Medicaid. My Dr is Dr. Nease. Just call them, they'll help u get what u need for approval.
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2024 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4723 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6329 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5653 views