Visiting WV white water rafting and camping...Can you help?

ga_ginger_10
on 8/30/09 3:10 am - Atlanta, GA
Hello,

When people are visiting Atlanta they come on the GA board and ask about tourist info so I thought I might be able to get some helpful info from the WV board for my upcoming trip. I am very excited about White Water Rafting there.  I have heard it is AWESOME!!! This one of my many passions since I have lost weight!  It is sooooo much fun!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

I am visiting WV the weekend of September 11Th and 12Th.  We are white water rafting the "Upper Gauley" with the North American Outfitter group.  Does anyone have any info on them...reviews good or bad. 

Does anyone have any info on a good campground near Fayetteville that has electric/water for tent  camping.  I have talked to Cooter's Cabin and Camping and they seem to be nice....does anyone know anything about them? 

Also we are bringing our Dog, do you know of a kennel in the are that would take good care of her while we are on our white water rafting trip for the day? 

Thank you in advance for any info you can assist me with. 

Have a great day! 

Ginger

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

Jung
on 8/30/09 6:17 am - Charleston, WV
North American River Runners is one of the best, if not the best guide company here.  They have campgrounds and just about every form of lodging available.  I'd stick with them.  They have a website-call and run the dog situation by them.  There always seemed to be dogs running around when I was there.  One more couldn't hurt lol.
ga_ginger_10
on 8/30/09 8:52 am - Atlanta, GA
I book our trip with North American but they do not have running water or electric at any of their campsites....I really like that amenity.....Thanks for all the info....

Take care,

Ginger

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 2024 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4723 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6329 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5653 views