Recent Posts

Shotrod64
on 9/15/15 3:06 pm - Spanaway, WA
kakkling
on 9/15/15 10:34 am - Tac, WA
Topic: RE: Meltaways meet tonight

Yes we meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month, 6:30 pm, at The Poodle Dog. The next meeting will be 10/13. We are a diverse group with most surgeries represented. 

Hope to see you there!

Kelly

Shotrod64
on 9/14/15 5:31 pm - Spanaway, WA
Topic: RE: Meltaways meet tonight
Is this group meet regularly and in the same location? I live in spanaway and the one that used to be here is gone now. I'm working on getting a revision and looking to maybe visit other groups if i can find them that aren't on the military bases.

I still have to look to see if there might be others in the area yet but Fife/the poodle dog isn't that far away from me really.
uscma15
on 9/3/15 11:05 am - LA
Topic: Madigan Pathways

Hi all,

I am trying to get any info I can on getting into the Pathways program at Madigan.  I have Tricare Prime and live in the South region so I am not sure of how to get the ball rolling for acceptance into the program.  I have tried calling Madigan Bariatric Coordinator, left a message, but have not gotten a return call yet.    Any info or contact numbers would be so appreciated.  I am in need of a revision from the RNY to DS.  Had RNY in 2002.  Still have about 80 to lose.  Had both hips replaced in 2009 so would like to get the weight off once and for all :)

uscma15
on 9/3/15 10:54 am - LA
Topic: RE: New here

Hi Lisa,

I PM you about any info regarding the Madigan Pathways program.  I am trying to get there but I am in another tricare region.  Any info on getting or applying to the program would be of help.  I also need revision from RNY to DS.  Had RNY in 2002.

MaryKate777
on 8/31/15 12:45 am - WA
Topic: RE: Advice for WLS at Madigan?

Dr. Carter was also my surgeon. He is awesome! I have not had a single complication in a year and a half. I had the VSG. 

Lisaann68
on 8/26/15 10:25 am
Topic: RE: New here

Hi, I have been MIA for quite some time! Years in fact. Hope you get this! I did Pathways at Madigan as well! My surgeon was Dr. Matthew Martin. He revised me from VBG to DS!

Good luck to you!!! Pathways is a great program and my experience with my surgeon was amazing!!!

Wish you well!

Lisa

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/20/15 8:29 pm
Topic: RE: Support Groups?

Everyone is welcome.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

QwiltR
on 8/20/15 7:43 pm - Moses Lake, WA
Topic: Just starting.

Hi. I am just starting this journey and am full of questions. I live in Moses Lake and am wondering if they have introductory sessions here. I know they used to. I will be having my surgery covered by Tricare and would prefer my surgery in Spokane. I have a breast reduction 9 years ago, which allowed me to be able to work. The weight has been a serious issue for me - I spent 4 years within the same 4 pounds and only recently have come down off that plateau - I have lost 15 lbs. My Dr wants me to lose another 10 and says he will then start the paperwork.  Any advice? Support Group in Moses Lake?  Thanks!

armywife_28
on 8/20/15 6:49 pm
Topic: RE: Advice for WLS at Madigan?

Hi Bianca it's been awhile since I had my WLS at madigan and at the time I had the most amazing surgeon dr.preston carter! To give u an idea on how long ago I had my procedure is that I had to be put on a long waiting list lol! And I was maybe the first youngest patient as well so I had to go through a lot to convince them. I do have a few friends now who had their WLS but they got the sleeve procedure and so far they have all been doing great and lost their weight fast I'm not really familiar with the sleeve procedure since mine was the rouy-n-y but when it comes to WLS madigan and by having friends who have just recently had it I would def recommend them

Most Active