7 Years Post Op and Gaining

pinkie369
on 11/3/13 1:11 am

Hello everyone!

I am brand new to this site, but definitely not brand new to weight loss surgery.  I live in Olympia, WA, and had roux-n-y gastric bypass in Salt Lake City, UT, in August 2006.  I lost 101 pounds in six months, dropped my diabetes, got rid of high blood pressure, and my high cholesterol.  I am healthy still, and have no health problems whatsoever!

Here's what I need some serious help with.  I am gaining weight back.  I have gone to nutritionists, personal trainers, and my doctor for help.  I'm doing everything right.  I eat right, work out, and am keeping carbs and sweets out of my diet.  I also recently cut back on dairy.  I am not losing anything.  I just keep gaining.

My phenomenal surgeon told me if this happens, to start eating 70% protein and 30% veggies with every meal.  I've even done this with no avail.  I've also done the 5-day Pouch Test three times, also with no luck.

I went from 323 lbs to 222 lbs.  I am now at 280, and I am so worried I'm going to get back up to 323.  I just don't know what to do and I could really use some new fresh advice from someone who may have gone through the same thing.  I appreciate any advice on food and exercising!!!  I've been going to the gym for 5 days a week and nothing has happened, so I stopped going.  I'm just really worried I'm going to get unhealthy again and need to drop this weight.

Thank you in advance for anyone who's willing to help me through this tough time!  God bless!

Most Active