Anxiety day!

MommaGbear
on 4/17/15 3:15 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with

My surgery is scheduled in 12 days, and I'm having a bit of anxiety all of the sudden. I got my pre-op clearance done yesterday. My FMLA is all approved. I'm good to go, and I still feel really confident about my choice. I'm not exactly sure why I'm feeling so freaked out all of the sudden, but eep! I'm all queasy and anxious today! I sent a message to a friend of mine that is 6 months post-op, and he and I are gonna get together this weekend. He's down 100 pounds! (he had a RNY). I'm hoping he'll be able to help me calm down a bit and give me some reassurance. But, I thought I'd reach out here too.

Any advice is welcome!

Also, for practical advice - what do ya'll recommend for the clear liquids stuff? I know Isopure makes clear liquid protein drinks, but what broths don't have noodles and stuff in them? Or should I just make my own from scratch? I don't want to live on only sweet liquids for a week - I'll go nuts.

greensleeved
on 4/17/15 5:14 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Same thing happened to me. I was fine for months and then about a week before I freaked out. I think that's pretty normal. Swanson makes some flavored broths that helped me out on the clear liquid stage (tortilla flavored, Thai, etc.) And I did a lot of strained Fat Free cream soups.

I'm down 104 lbs in 9 months and only regret not doing it sooner. Your quality of life is about to go way up!!!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Joanna B
on 4/18/15 7:20 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

Being nervous is very normal because it is surgery. Everything will be okay and you will be so happy that you had the surgery =] You can do this!!

I loved wonton soup/broth, (without the wonton). You can pick this up from the Chinese restaurant. 

Best of luck on your surgery! 12 days is going to fly by!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views