More deaths more bad food choices, smal NSV?

anninva
on 12/18/13 12:23 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

Hi all,

sorry i haven't posted in AGES!!  it's been absolutely nuts lately.  found out aobut 10 days ago that a very good old friend was in hospice after fighting cancer for about 18 months.  at the same time my sister's MIL was in the hopsital refusing to eat and enduring the pain of trigeminal neuralgia (look it up - constant pain).  the not eating was a long-time eating disorder.  well, they both died on tuesday.  so, the 7th and 8th people in my  life to die since my partner's father died Aug 1.  I'm pretty much at the end of my rope emotionally.  haven't been making the best food choices (okay, they have sucked, especially this week).  ashamed but realizing my emotional eating seems more important to me right now than weight loss.  fighting and accepting that reality at the same time.  Two weeks away from my 3 year annvesary.  Woot!

good news is that i saw my NUT today and weigh the same as i did a month ago.  and we're going to san diego saturday night for a little over a week (brother in law lives there) and that will feel good.  i will either get in some good walks or just veg.  maybe both?

trying not to be consumed with shame.  waaaaay tired.  cheers folks.  maintenance is not for sissies! 

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Shagdoll
on 12/18/13 12:48 am

Hi there!

I'm happy to see you post but I'm so very sorry about the losses that have occurred lately.  HUGS to you my friend!

Just take things one day at a time.  I know you said before that you weren't making the best food choices but if I remember correctly, you weren't experiencing much regain if any?  Be kind to yourself.  This is a tough time.  Just do the best you can. 

Luv ya!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

danixbanani
on 12/18/13 12:48 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I'm sorry to hear all that you're dealing with.  It's certainly not easy to stick to plan during emotional times!  Enjoy your time in San Diego...vegging out sounds good :)

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

LosingSarah
on 12/18/13 1:09 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Sorry to hear about all the loss in your life. It is good that you are acknowledging your emotional eating. That will likely make it easier to get yourself back on track. 

I hope the week in San Diego helps you feel better.

Mrs_Desire _
on 12/18/13 1:17 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Sorry for your lost.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/13 2:40 am

I am so sorry for your losses. That is an awful lot in such a short time. You must understand that you are grieving. Grief is a powerful emotion and must be felt to heal. If you are not making good choices 100% of the time, that is understandable. Since you are maintaining your weight, give yourself permission to be relaxed at this point. You have nothing about which to feel ashamed. You are doing the best you can right now and you are not gaining. That is a win win in my book. 

slimpickins5280
on 12/18/13 9:54 am - CO

Sweet Ann - I just love the hell out of you. 

Sorry for your losses. 

Kudos to your maintenance. 

The mind **** never ends. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views