"I've fallen . . . but i CAN get up!" Monady check-in!

anninva
on 5/13/13 5:01 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

Hi al!

Glad to see so many posts!  There is definitely a Maintenance board and the people there ROCK!!! Lots of support and i highly recommend it!

I'm going to keep posting this thread on the main board though. 'cause i think people who are struggling and lurking right now are more likely to see it.  Still looking for a good thread name!  This one just made me laugh!

how did you get through the weekend????  I will tell you right now that i sucked.  i haven't gone on MFP because i'm so ashamed of the crap i ate this weekend.  taking the emotion out of it is really hard for me.  and it gets in the way of any effective change, becomes a crutch and an excuse (the old "well, i screwed up so i might as well keep going" dieting mindset.)  so far today, doing well. and back to 10 freakin' minutes at a time.  Ugh.

How did YOU do??  if you did great -- share how you did it!  If you struggled like i did, how can we change???  My biggest thing:  i know exactly what to do, but i don't.  Anyone else???

Sending hugs to all!!!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

mimij
on 5/13/13 5:09 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12
Oh dear, sorry to hear about your struggles but am glad to know you CAN get back up. I have my struggles believe me but not this weekend. I had my plan and stuck to it. Had grilled fish and steamed veggies at restaurant. Had plent of exercise. Was blessed with great motivation and minimal appetite this weekend. Hope this will be the forecast for you going forward.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

dot4you
on 5/13/13 6:19 am - CA

So glad you posted this... I have been struggling but this weekend went great. I thought about exactly how my VSG works & that I had to follow the "rules" if I was going to make it.

I don't want to have to watch the clock and time my drinking & eating...and stop grazing. But I did it & there really was no real hunger, it was all HEAD hunger. I can eat ALL day long. I didn't, thanks to the tool I have.

Today I am watching the clock and not drinking 30-60 minutes before I eat & then not drinking after for 60 minutes. After that 60 min. wait I am ALWAYS ready to drink something because I 'THINK"  I'm hungry.  Of coarse I'm NOT.

I have had cravings for sugar...I let it come over me like a wave...sometimes it's like a shock wave & soooo strong. But if I wait, it goes away. I'll say out loud to my hubby,"I want something sweet!!" It helps to vent.

None of this would be possible without VSG. I know I have a fighting chance....

Wishing you the best!! We can do this!!

mokee
on 5/13/13 7:47 am - OH

I'm having problems also but I have not done as well as you.  I am only down 66 lbs and I am having problems staying on track.   Not lost anything in last 1 month.   Gained 2 lbs over weekend.  So up and down but never below 209.  So want to get to onederland.  I am only trying to get to 167.    But feel very unhopeful  now.  I did do something for me was a big accomplishment, I walked 1 1/4 miles today on purpose  LOL.   I have pain issues and it is so hard but I did it.   Later today I am going to try Zumba for 10 min.   See if I can.   Best of luck to all of youse that are trying so hard to get to goal.   I know after goal will be another set of problems.

sleevegirl
on 5/13/13 1:14 pm - Austin, TX

((HUGS))

Honestly, I keep myself honest by putting it ALL on MFP. Even the ugly stuff.

We all have icky times. Hang in there. xoxo

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views