getting back on track...

Julie J.
on 1/13/13 12:42 am - Ocean Springs, MS

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to put up a post here to make it more real, to have some accountability. I had VSG 07/13/2010 lost 120#s , which was awesome. I had not reached my goal but was enjoying my new life. I fell off the horse began eating slider foods and have gained back 30 pounds. I have been cheating on myself not loving myself. TODAY...I love myself enough.  I am starting on a liquid diet, much like my pre-op day, then slowly advancing. Before and right after my surgery. I came here everyday for everyone's stories and encourgement. I found that it is such an important part of this journey we are all traveling.   so thank you all....

mickeymantle
on 1/13/13 1:08 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I never understood the liquid diet for restarting your diet , I would think it would make you crave solid food more

can someone explain this , I would think just goinmg back to your plan and eating your 600-800 cals a day would bring you back to goal

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

happyteacher
on 1/13/13 3:53 am

I can understand why this is the path she is following.  The first 3 or 4 days would for sure be rough, but it goes a long long way in cleaning up the eating habits and detoxing from carbs.  Her restriction should be more noticeable as well.  Essentially if you think about it you are simply replicating a process that was highly successful for you during the weight loss phase.  Maintainance is a different set of skills that build on that phase.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Machelle.K
on 1/13/13 1:25 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I don't know if you journal your eating but I think this hold yourself accountable. Also writing your plan out of food for the day and when you plan to advance may also help. Hang in there...

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/13 3:23 am

This is my opinion, so please take it for what it's worth.  You don't really need to go back to drinking protein shakes all day.  What needs to happen requires a commitment from you to go back to basic sleeve rules.  Eat under 800 calories a day, don't drink for at least 30 min, preferably 45 min after you eat.  Eat at least 70 but better yet 90 grams of lean homemade protein and green veggies.  Eat 3-5 planned meals a day, do not graze.  Drink like a fish; all day long.  Keep your carbs under 40 grams a day and under 20 is even better.  Do all of these things until.....,

I can see doing a few days of protein drinks to shrink your stomach down a bit, but you really don't need to stay on it for long.  I usually do a a few days of my Green Chicken Soup to get the same effect, but ultimately, it has more to do with your eating after the cleanse.

happyteacher
on 1/13/13 3:56 am

Congrats on drawing the line in the sand and deciding that you will not allow yourself to gain any more and work on taking off the gain.  I think it is a great idea to restart your plan, and I would gently suggest that you go with the other positive habits as welll- track everything and put yourself on some type of exercise program.  Attend support groups if you can too!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views