Michael L.
on 1/8/13 11:59 pm - Fall River, MA
Happy Hump Day my friends and followers. I hope God blesses your sox off today!

Decided I'm going to do a 5k this spring even if I have to power walk it. How many here have done one? Comment with your experience. Could you recommend one as well if your from the MA/RI area.. Looking forward to your comments!!

www.lessofmike.com

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

acbbrown
on 1/9/13 12:16 am - Granada Hills, CA

I have no doubt that you will be ready for a 5K SOON. You are already kicking ass. 

I did my first 5K one month before my VSG - I was around 345 lbs or so and walked it in 50 minutes. One of the best moments before surgery, and got me hooked (and then I followed it up and ran the same even the next year - but i did my first 10k instead). It was a crazy experience to do the same event a year apart - maybe look for something that is an annual thing so you can go back and do it again and compare your progress. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Michael L.
on 1/9/13 12:25 am - Fall River, MA
Allison, Your Posts and replies are so inspiring. You are an asset to this board. I'm thrilled to have you on my team of supporters! I hope your feeling better! HUGS!!!!

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

acbbrown
on 1/9/13 12:30 am - Granada Hills, CA

Im excited to follow your journey - you are going to be inspiring and motivating many people to come ;)

~~~~Alison~~~~~

tripmom02
on 1/9/13 12:29 am - NJ

I do them all the time, in fact my husband just threatened that he was going to find a 12 step program for me b/c my race fees are getting out of hand LOL I did my first one over a year ago, took me almost 50 mins to complete, I now run them in under 30. I agree with Alison, find one that is an annual thing so you can watch your time drop from year to year, its great motivation.

I went on from a 5k, to a 10k and I am now working on training for my first Half Marathon with the hopes of running the NYC Marathon in 2014!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

acbbrown
on 1/9/13 12:31 am - Granada Hills, CA

WTF when were you going to tell me about the marathon??  I dont want to be left out!! I'm coming to run it with you. 

~~~~Alison~~~~~

tripmom02
on 1/9/13 12:40 am - NJ

HAHA, right now it's just a dream! I would never qualify for it so I have to raise a ton of money to get in, and I SUCK at doing that. SO I am going to do the half first and see how I feel, and if I don't die doing the Tri in July I am going to kick off the fundraising for the marathon in 2014! I would LOVE for you to come do it with me!

acbbrown
on 1/9/13 12:49 am - Granada Hills, CA

Youre not going to die in July and screw the NY marathon....i dont think I want to work that hard to torture myself. I'm thinking a flat oceanside marathon sounds better :-p

~~~~Alison~~~~~

tripmom02
on 1/9/13 12:54 am - NJ

LOL I know, it's crazy, and they make you give them a credit card and if you don't raise all the money you need to get in they charge your ******g card! I am so lazy about raising money for stuff, I would end up paying the $2200 out of my own pocket just to run myself into the ground.

Michael L.
on 1/9/13 12:35 am - Fall River, MA
That's so amazing!!!

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views