1 year update with PIC

cnjm6201
on 11/2/11 12:45 am, edited 11/2/11 12:49 am
It will be one year in 6 more days.  What a year it has been!  I think the best way to recap is a pros and cons list.
Pros
Healthier, Happier, More Energy, Can look in  a mirror and not be sad, Can run with my kids, My house is cleaner, My husband is happy and healthier, Sex is sooooooooooooooo much better, Not embarrassed all the time, Can fit in an airplane seat without a buckle extender, Can walk upstairs without getting winded, Ran a 5k in 32 minutes, Wear a size 10 jeans and a Medium top, Can buy clothes off the rack, Have had people call me skinny, My kids have told me I'm beautiful, My kids eat better and choose not to eat junk food, I'm actually in family photos and not the one always taking them, I can live my life and not just be a spectator anymore

Cons
I had to buy a lot of new clothes $$$, Some people did fall away but most have started to come back, Suprised at how bad people really did treat me before (because they listen now and I used to have to fight to be heard), My husband is more sensitive to my feelings now and that made me mad for a while and we had to work through that,  Strangers are more friendly and I was surprised at how unsafe and uneasy that made me feel (especially when I am traveling for work by myself),  I still see my flaws in the mirror (look at yourself in pictures, you will get a truer perception)   I still don't trust myself with food and I haven't overcome all my food addictions (It is a daily choice to stay on the program) 

Overall:
This was the best decision I have ever made for myself, my family, and my future.  I wouldn't change it for anything.  I am still afraid of failure but with each day I have a new success to add to the list, as that list grows so does my confidence.  Let's face it, it took my 10 years of failures to get where I was, so it is going to take more than 1 year of successes to get to a place of complete confidence.  I have to say I like being nervous a little,  it keeps me on track. 

Goal:
I still want to lose 20 to 30 more lbs.  I want to master my diet so that I can meet all my nutrition guidelines everyday, and then I want to maintain this new lift for the rest of my life.

To everyone out there that has had the surgery, stick with it.  And the those who are thinking of doing it, it is just a tool but it is the best tool you could ever ask for.

God Bless you all, and thank you for your support.

November 7, 2011 One day before my surgery.

One year later, a bridesmaid in my brothers wedding.

"Be content at whatsoever state you are in."  Phil. 4:11                      
Marriott L.
on 11/2/11 12:56 am - San Diego, CA
aw thanks for sharing...Jan 26 will be my 1 year and whew what a journey its been. I'm hoping to Hit 100 lbs lost by christmas....thats my goal. Congrats to you! And thanks for sharing!

Surgery Date: Jan 26th, 2011           Sleever for Life! HA

Crunchy As Can Be
on 11/2/11 12:58 am - NY
Thank you for sharing-- this is a great post. You look wonderful!
 ~~Emily~~

J.e.t.
on 11/2/11 12:59 am
 Wow, what a great update.  And you look FABULOUS!  What a transformation!  Thanks for sharing, I just love these posts.
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

wls2011
on 11/2/11 12:59 am - Ballston Lake, NY
Wow! Way to Go! You look beautiful and purple is a perfect color for you! 
Thanks for sharing...I liked the way you presented the pro's and con's...very good info in an easy to read format...

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Happy966
on 11/2/11 1:13 am

What an encouraging post!  Thank you so much.  I feel so inspired reading about your progress.  Best of luck for your second year!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 1:23 am
dec721
on 11/2/11 1:37 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
You are incredibly beautiful ... and you were even before your surgery, only now you look healthy as well.  Congratulations on saving your own life!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

46_11tobeme
on 11/2/11 1:42 am - NJ
 LOVE when people post updates from 1+ yrs out. Thank you so much - you look amazing. I am 10 days post op and still have that fear that I will not lose weight. It it so encouraging to hear stories like yours!!

CheeseLover
on 11/2/11 2:32 am
VSG on 02/16/12
Wow, what a difference! You look fantastic!
 HW: 396 SW: 299 CW: 252 GW: 175

FINALLY BROKE THAT GOD-AWFUL STALL!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views