Pics- Last summer vs. This Summer

cnjm6201
on 8/20/11 3:45 am, edited 8/20/11 3:51 am

These are me at about 266lbs.  The first picture below is me today at 162lbs.  OFFICIALLY no longer obese.  YEAH!  It has been a little over a year since I had started the process for WLS and what a difference a year makes.  I can hardly believe I used to be the person I was.  I remember the stress and anxiety over having the surgery.  I felt like a failure.  I remember I kept apologizing to my husband.  I thought we have to go through all of this because I can't put a fork down.  But that wasn't the reason, there was so much more to me weight issues that had nothing to do with food.  I didn't love myself enough to actually take care of me.  Having the surgery wasn't me failing, it was me refusing to fail.  Doing nothing and still being that old person would have been failure.  I thank God for this opportunity to actually live me life and I love it!

"Be content at whatsoever state you are in."  Phil. 4:11                      
Adrienne J.
on 8/20/11 3:50 am - GA
You look great!!! Congrats and keep up the good work.
canonico
on 8/20/11 3:52 am - WA
 Looking good, congrats!!!

anewsweetjessa
on 8/20/11 3:52 am - IA
wow congrats you look amazing!

toramartin
on 8/20/11 3:53 am - Kingston, GA
You look amazing!  Hasn't your husband lost weight too.  I am soooooo happy for you and preety soon I will be on that losing bench with you.
cnjm6201
on 8/20/11 4:04 am
Actually yes, my husband has lost about 25 lbs and he wants to lose about 25 more.  This has been a whole life style change for our family.  I come from generation after generation of overweight people.  I am hoping that I can set a good example for my children and they will be able to break the cycle of obesity in our family.  I know I love looking and feeling better but honestly this was for my kids.  Without them I may never have had the courage to go through with it.  If I can spare them the heartache of being overweight, it will be so worth everything I had to go through to get here.
carebare84
on 8/20/11 4:30 am
That is so awesome! I am feeling just like you did a year ago. I am having WLS on August 30th. Although I am so excited about my outcome I am ashamed and I do find myself telling my hisband, sorry. I am so happy to see your progress and know I am making the right decision for me and my family, I have 2 kids also. My husband is overweight also but I think if I am healthier it will help the entire family! Thanks for sharing!
Prettygia
on 8/20/11 4:33 am - MD
looking great!
[url=http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][img]http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers/uploads/tickers/fd6b1c6abeed7a2.gif[/img][/url]

cnjm6201
on 8/20/11 4:42 am
Carebare- It truly is the best decision I have ever made for myself and family.  Hang in there, only 10 more days until you start your new life.  If you need anything along the way, just ask. 
Meme10
on 8/20/11 4:55 am - TX
You are an inspiration! Beautiful! I am so looking forward to a sleeve.
              HW-307  lapband-243  SW-250  CW-225  GW-150                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views