My husband is awesome

Kristy R.
on 6/22/11 2:41 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I see a lot of sad posts about things not going so great in their marriage after WLS.  I wanted to post good post about my husband.  He has never, ever made me feel less than sexy - even when I was at my highest weight and lowest emotions.  The night before surgery he came to me in bed and hugged me with tears in his eyes.  He told me I did not have to do this - that he loves me just the way I am.  I was so touched, even though he knows it wasn't about my looks - it was still a sweet thing to say.  He has been very supportive of everything, kept me on track and reads the hand outs from my Surgeon religiously to make sure I am doing what I am supposed to.  We are financially strapped right now, and even though insurance covered most of it - he did not hesitate to let me go through with this and the added expenses.  WLS has not changed our relationship, and I am glad - because I would not change a thing.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

cattywompos
on 6/22/11 2:46 am
Awwww!!!  He sounds wonderful! 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/11 2:49 am
That's great to have support.I have the support of my husband also. And he has paid for everything for myself in the tune of close to 15k. He tells me also that he loves me just the way I am. I look at myself and wonder how he can love someone that is nearly 400#. He is amazing!!! Glad that you have an amazing husband also. But I feel for the ones that are having a hard time with their loved ones no supporting them.
Jeanne T.
on 6/22/11 2:49 am
Unconditional Love...........Thats what it's about.  Sweet.  I have one like that too.  We are truly blessed.

tiffanyyy1390
on 6/22/11 2:53 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'm so glad to see someone post something wonderful about their significant other!! He sounds like a wonderful man!! My boyfriend is the exact same way about my surgery!! We're very lucky ladies!! Isn't love the greatest??
Smardeepants
on 6/22/11 2:57 am, edited 6/22/11 2:58 am
Soooo happy to read another good WLS/relationship post. I'm getting sleeved mon, and my husband has been doing the same thing. (Telling me I don't need to, loves me the way I am, etc). It's very sweet.

His most recent antics are to come up from behind, grab a boob in each hand, and start begging (to the girls).. "please don't go, I'm going to miss you!" Same thing with the butt... a cheek in each hand pleading, "don't leave me, we've had so many good times together!"

LOL... but it does feel good to be loved.  

Kristy R.
on 6/22/11 3:00 am - Santa Clara, CA
On June 22, 2011 at 9:57 AM Pacific Time, Smardeepants wrote:
Soooo happy to read another good WLS/relationship post. I'm getting sleeved mon, and my husband has been doing the same thing. (Telling me I don't need to, loves me the way I am, etc). It's very sweet.

His most recent antics are to come up from behind, grab a boob in each hand, and start begging (to the girls).. "please don't go, I'm going to miss you!" Same thing with the butt... a cheek in each hand pleading, "don't leave me, we've had so many good times together!"

LOL... but it does feel good to be loved.  
 LMFAO!  That's is hysterical!!!  Tell him to get his play time in now, they are going to be leaving him - snort!  But he will have new toys to play with.  My husband told me I felt different down *there* - I said, "woo hoo, it's like you have a new woman!"  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

The_Chungs
on 6/22/11 6:55 am

Your hubby sounds like mine!  I'm truly blessed to have a wonderful supportive husband.  He's actually going through the same thing (he'll be having surgery 6 weeks after me), but I was afraid he wouldn't be on board.  I thank God for my hubby every single day (although he's pretty damn blessed to have me, too! ).
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

felicity2u
on 6/22/11 3:03 am - LA
You got a keeper right there! My husband is the same way, I thank God everyday for bringing him to me! Keep up the great work!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/11 3:05 am
That's a wonderful feeling!
My husband is the same, he worried for me and my health quietly, never a critical comment about my size or habits ever.. and when I decided enough was enough, despite no longer having a job- he was very supportive of dipping into our next house fund to pay for surgery. I was the one that wavered- he's the one that told me having the material things meant nothing if I was too sick to enjoy them with him..

He has been 100% supportive, over and above supportive actually. Things have only improved since and I'm looking forward to the future now instead of fearing it. We've been together for 13 years, all of them happy. I feel like I'm slowly peeling back the layers and becoming who I used to be when we first met. I wasn't small, but I was a curvy healthy girl. He deserves an active partner, I'm just overjoyed to be able to turn back the clock a little.. 

Sorry for the cheese, I don't get a chance to really talk about this too much with anyone..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views