Good morning, any VBG'ers out there?

Susan F.
on 4/12/04 10:07 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hey all, just wanted to post to say good morning. I am home post op 7 days now. I can't believe its been a week. I go to the doctors tomorrow so we will see if I have lost any weight. Anyone else up and about this morning? How ya doing?
Karen M.
on 4/13/04 6:25 am - El Maton, TX
Susan--- I am glad to hear that you are doing well!! Are you feeling OK?
Susan F.
on 4/13/04 6:34 am - Jacksonville, FL
I am feeling peachy keen! thanks for asking! I have been sore but nothing major. I am pleased at how well I have come through this. I see yours is up and coming! Congrats!! Please don't hesitate to send me an email or just post if you have any questions ore if I can be of any support. I can't wait to hear about your journey! We will be very close together!
Karen M.
on 4/13/04 6:46 am - El Maton, TX
My main concern in regards to my surgery is the recovery time because I am planning on trying to get back to work after a week or if I need a week and a half!! I am so excited for you and am ready to be on the journey myself!! I think that it is wonderful that we have this message board to talk with people that have had this done or are in the process!!
Susan F.
on 4/13/04 6:53 am - Jacksonville, FL
What kind of work do you do? If you have a sit down job I would say if you recover well, a week and a half might work. I would worry that you are pushing yourself though, but you know your limit. I am just a week out today. The stitches aren't even out yet and its still sore to move around and bend. I get a little weak when I move around a lot at one time hence my worry for that you a week would be too soon. But maybe the next few days will continue to show increase in my strength as it gets better every day. I would say two weeks if poss would be the least I would go but I am lucky as my job allows me 3 months short term if needed which of course I won't but at least its there. I have another friend who had VBG and she just went back after 5 weeks and she has a sit down job. When she got home she was so exhausted! You don't want to put yourself back healthwise if you can help it but I also know, being a mom and having had 'other' jobs out there that sometimes you just don't have other choices. I wish you well on whatever you have to do! my I like to ramble...can't you tell I am already tired of sitting around the house with nothing to do lol. Thank goodness for these boards!
Karen M.
on 4/13/04 6:59 am - El Maton, TX
I do have a job that is very flexible and that if I need to I can go lay down or go home if need be... But I also do not want to push myself... I would probably go crazy sitting home for even a couple of days
Susan F.
on 4/13/04 7:03 am - Jacksonville, FL
well it sounds like you will be way okay! I know you are excited! I hope your journey continues to go well!!
blank first name B.
on 4/13/04 10:19 am - Tx
That`s great that your job is flexible. I remember having to have several naps in the beginning. I was never in that much pain, but I did get very tired. I was so much better after about 4 weeks if I remember right. I am almost 3 years out so it`s all sort of a dim memory at this point. Take care of yourself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8570 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views