VBG open 4.6.04 at home now!!!

Susan F.
on 4/8/04 8:03 am - Jacksonville, FL
I just wanted to post to say thank you so much for the support that I have recieved from this message board. I went in 4.6.04 and was able to come home today and had several emails from people wishing me well. That meant so much. My surgery went well. I am sore but nothing that I can't deal with. I am taking percoset as needed but so far have only needed to take one today. I hope that continues as I don't like pain meds. As many of you have said, this isn't a picnic but its not bad either. The pain is there but I have had worse. I will keep everyone updated on my progress. Thanks again for all the support and encouraging words. God Bless each of you!
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/04 9:21 am - SHELBY, NC
HEY SUSAN, GLAD YOU ARE HOME AND DOING WELL. I ONY HAVE A LITTLE OVER A WEEK TO GO AND I WILL BE ON THE LOOSING SIDE ALSO. I HAVE FORGOTTEN, DID YOU HAVE LAP OR OPEN? MINE IS GOING TO BE OPEN. LOVE TRACY
L M F.
on 4/9/04 10:56 am - Sherman Oaks, CA
Hi! I am Susan's partner! I just wanted to post something on here about her bravery and determination! I wish you all could see what an amazing woman she truly is. She came out of surgery smiling at me as I was standing there crying as I was so relieved she came out of surgery with flying colors! I've never seen such a beautiful sight.. when she opened her eyes and gave me the 'I'm okay' look! I am so proud of her in all that she has already accomplished!!! Honey, I just wanted you to know how much you inspire me. Thank you for being such a wonderful person and giving me the faith that I will soon be on the other side along with you. Side by side we will be a new couple. I cannot wait!!! I love you and adore you sweetie and am so glad I can say this on this board and know that people will be supportive of us in our journey. Okay, I'm done now. (Such a sap!!)
Susan F.
on 4/10/04 1:07 am - Jacksonville, FL
There is nothing I can say that explains the happiness I feel when I think about what my honey wrote. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be able to do this without her or my daughter. Thank you to my family and I hope that everyone that is going through this surgery has someone that loves them to take care of them as it makes healing so much nicer. I love you so much Lisa!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8570 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views