290 and still losing!!!!!!

andrea B.
on 3/28/04 11:38 pm - St. Paul, MN
I had surgery on October 6, 2003, and I went in for my 6 month check-up and I almost started crying because I weighed 290. I don't remember the last time I was under 300lbs
Susan F.
on 3/29/04 8:00 am - Jacksonville, FL
That is so great!!! congratulations!!! Keep it up! You are an inspiration to those getting ready for surgery!!! Can't wait to hear more!
Rosanne S.
on 3/31/04 4:10 am - St. Paul, MN
How much have you lost? Who was your surgeon? I am waiting to be approved for VBG. Everyone has RNY. I am interested to learn about successful VBG people.
Susan F.
on 4/1/04 12:05 pm - Jacksonville, FL
There's a ton of em out there! I came to this board searching for VBGers with success also because that is the surgery my doc suggested. I am having it done in...*big deep breath* 5 days and I can't wait to start my successful journey! I wish you luck with yours and hope to be able to give you some real good news within my first few weeks! Feel free to contact me at anytime about any questions you may have. All my info is on my profile. Thanks and God Bless.
Jersey Girl
on 3/31/04 4:59 am
WOO-HOO!!!! YOU ROCK!!! That is so great Andrea, you lost 70 lbs? Ok, so tell us how you did it. What do you eat? Are you exercising?
andrea B.
on 4/2/04 11:51 pm - St. Paul, MN
For the first few weeks it was pureed food, then I tried experimenting with different foods, my first "solid" food was a processed chicken breast sauteed in cream of chicken soup. I keep my calorie intake to about 1000 a day. I go to the mall and walk,walk,walk. I go about 3-4 times a week other than that I don't do much more than that.
Jersey Girl
on 4/4/04 12:38 am
So you're one of those women that's in the mall at the crack of dawn doing laps huh? That's great! I'm actually trying to figure out an exercise routine for myself. I'm almost 4 weeks out, and right now I can't afford a gym membership. I think I'm going to start doing this exercise tape I just dug out. Also, are you counting carbs? The whole carb thing really has my head spinning, the good carb vs bad carb thing. I'm keep track of calories, but I'm wondering about carbs. Most of my carbs are from beans because I like them and they're protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8570 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views