Why don't more people post?

Sally H.
on 2/15/04 9:38 am - ME
I have been coming to this board for awhile now and it seems like so few post here...is everyone going to another board? I had my VBG 5 months ago and have lots of questions on things and how others are doing with their journeys. Everywhere i go people seem to be only having the RNY surgery and i have nothing to add or have questions they cannot answer. Just curious if there are so very few of us out there and why? Anyway hope you are all doing well Sally
peaches
on 2/16/04 4:44 am - southern, MN
I to wish more people who have had the VBG would post I don't post to often here because everytime I check the board there is never very many posts.I do go on the main board but most everyone there has had the rny and don't post much there because, I had a diffrent surgery than they did and don't think they could answer my questions. How are you doing? if I can help you with any thing let me know I had my vbg on 6-03-03 down 155lbs from highest weight. weight seems to be slowing actually it has been stuck for the last 3 weeks I just hope I can still loose the 50 more pounds I would like to loose. Robin
Janine S.
on 2/16/04 7:54 am - The Colony, tx
Hi My name is Janine and I'm scheduled for vbg march 2.I was wondering how much pain you were in the day after your surgery and how long did it take before the pain was tolerable.You've lost alot of weight.Are you having trouble with excess skin ?Have you been really good about exercising?If so what kind?Thanks for your time,Janine
peaches
on 2/16/04 10:04 am - southern, MN
Hi Janine I really don't remember to much about the day after they give you the little pump and you can push the button every 15 min, and I think I did and probably tried to more often than that it kept the pain away. It was real painful the first time they get you up but it got better each time I did it. try to walk as much as you can it really helps, the pain gets better each day. I had my VBG on tue. went home on Fri and was feeling pretty good by than I could get up and walk around by myself. they gave me pain meds to take at home but only used two. I ended up back in the hospital on Sat because I was off my rumitoid arthritus meds for to long and had a bad flairup, my knees got the size of basketballs and they were so sore I couldn't walk at all. the pain in my knees were so bad I didn't even fell the pain from the surgery. After they got me back on the right meds I flet alot better. I do home daycare and was back to work in 2 1/2 weeks I do have a lot of loose skin but I guess it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I didn't start and excersizing other than walking untill I was 8 weeks out than I started doing the taebo for beginners and the walk away the pounds 2 mile walk I really like that tape but now it is getting to easy so I am going to buy the 4 mile one. Hope I helped I am so glad I had this surgery I just wish I would have done it years ago. If you think of anything else you would like to ask feel free to email me at [email protected] Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4313 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8570 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8093 views