Hi, 4 days post-op, question.....

Ryan B.
on 2/8/04 4:56 am - Capitol Heights, MD
So far I'm doing great. No real pain. Gas pains, but I've heard that normal. And just overall soreness/bruising feeling. I'm having some diarrhea. Is that normal? I haven't had anything to eat. Just my liquids, broth, water, diluted apple juice. The stool is also dark. Is this from the anesthesia? Other than the diarrhea, I'm doing great. Oh and the rumbling going on in my tummy. It's kinda annoying.
Sally H.
on 2/8/04 6:39 am - ME
Hi Ryan...Congrats on being a *looser*!!!!!! So happy for you that your surgery was without any problems. Diarrhea was normal for me at the first of it but didn't last long. Remember you haven't had anything of substance in your belly and anything going in there is pretty much liquified. As for the rumbling going on....i have to laugh because that is the norm im almost 5 months post-op and its still going on and from what i have read its gonna be pretty much a part of life now. Just laugh it off. Good luck to you Sally
peaches
on 2/10/04 6:27 am - southern, MN
Hi Glad to hear you are doing good. I had the runs for about a week or so but than things got better. The rumbling is still going on once in awhile. Robin
Christy G.
on 2/14/04 12:55 pm - Oklahoma city, OK
Hi great to hear that you had no problems, my surgery was on the 9th of Feb and the gas actually hurts me pretty bad, the diarrhea is still here and just like you the rumbling is getting annoying in wakes me when I am sleeping. It will get better let me know of your progress. Christy Gibson, okc
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4313 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8570 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8093 views