Pain when eating and in between "meals"

Crystal S.
on 12/28/03 2:16 pm - Newnan, GA
Quick question...I am now a full 5 days post-op and I am starting to wrap up the full liquid phase of my diet. I have found that it hurts starting from the tummy all the way to the small intestine from just drinking fluids. I had heard that it could feel this way because I am not receiving enough fluids. I read over all my paperwork and increased my fluids to eventually 8 oz/hr. I couldn't reach the 8 yet, but I did get 6 oz down comfortably. My question is this: is it normal to have these pains (sometimes small to almost sharp jabs) in the tummy? The dr. said yes, when I called her, but I need to know based upon real experiences and what you did to help that feeling. I noticed that it went away a bit when I started to nibble on a few grits per day. I have also been very nauseated lately! If I do try to get my full 8 oz in, I pay for it! I have to fight not to vomit. Anyone else have this so early post-op? I'm sorry to seem as if I am rambling, but it's a hard thing to describe when it even confuses me! Thanks and Happy New Year!!!! Crystal
billblough
on 12/29/03 10:36 am - Sarasota, Fl
I still have pain sometimes after a meal and am not sure if it is the pain felt by the pressure of something trying to pass through the ring or something else, but it does seem to be less painful and less often as time goes on. I am 6 months out, and down 144 pounds. Good luck.
Dianne C.
on 1/3/04 12:25 pm - Fresno, Tx
Crystal, isn't 8 oz too much?. i know i couldn't have that much.
Crystal S.
on 1/3/04 11:02 pm - Newnan, GA
That was with the liquid phase of my diet. I am now on the puree phase. I cannot even hold 5 oz within a 30 min time span. The Dr. told me to eat puree between 4-6 tbsp only at meals. I have a really hard time doing that much within 30 min. But, the 8 oz/hr was only with the liquid phase of the diet...and that was spanned between an hour. I still have problems drinking that much within an hour, at times. I have to make sure that my pouch is completely empty so that the liquid can pass through easily. Thank you for your help!!! Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4313 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8570 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8093 views