I am numb

Sarah S.
on 12/4/03 2:54 pm - Stockton-on-Tees, UK
After extensive pre-op testing on Wednesday my post-op intensive care bed was given to someone else overnight and I was told one and a quarter hours before my scheduled sugery time that my operation was cancelled. I could go through all this again and still there could be no free intensive care bed for me and I would have to return home again. This is the state of our National Health Service at the moment. ((( Sair in the UK.
Crystal S.
on 12/4/03 5:17 pm - Newnan, GA
I am very sorry to hear your news. That is not very professional to say in the least! Did they reschedule your surgery date soon? I would be shocked and numb myself! Did you go to a hospital administrator? I probably would have made some waves in that hospital...I know me! You will be in my prayers! Crystal
sharon001
on 12/8/03 2:53 am - WI
You must be disapointed to say the least! Hopefully they will schedule you in again SOON! Good luck and keep us posted! Sharon
Marisol C.
on 12/8/03 4:36 am - Stamford, CT
I"m so sorry to hear about your troubles.. you know i started this whole surgery process back in April of 2003. I was given a date of June 11th.. unfortunately my insurance declined..so I fought them won and was given another date of July 2.. 8 hours before my surgery I recieved a call that my surgeon had to leave town for a family emergency.. so I was rescheduled for July 30th.. 1 week before my surgery I called to confirm.. and found out that my surgeon had quit.. leaving me with no surgeon or surgery date.. I had to run like a mad woman to find a new surgeon before my insurance time period lapsed.. I finally had the VBG on august 18th..but it wasn't after much tears, stress, anger, and disappointments.. I just wanted to let you know that I understand how your feeling and just keep the faith.. if you really want the surgery.. you will get it... good luck
Sarah S.
on 12/14/03 7:26 pm - Stockton-on-Tees, UK
Update! I have a new date! My re-scheduled surgery date is now 30th December 2003. I go into hospital for obs and questions (again) on Monday 29th December. Fingers crossed it actually *happens* this time. LOL Love, Sair x
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8571 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views