Relearning how to eat

sharon001
on 11/20/03 11:41 pm - WI
Well, it has been a challenge trying to figure out how or what I can or can't eat. I think that I have been eating to fast (thereby overeating). Campbell's Soup at Hand is my favorite (painfree) meal. I know that I will get it right eventually. Just hope it is soon.
Crystal S.
on 12/4/03 9:27 am - Newnan, GA
Sharon, Have you found that you like the same things that you did before the surgery? Do you find yourself liking new things. I have heard that you have to sometimes remind yourself to eat. Is that true for you? You know I'm still a pre-op until the 23rd of December! Thanks for your info as it helps us all! Crystal
Marisol C.
on 12/8/03 4:31 am - Stamford, CT
I had surgery on 8/18/03 and can eat an entire soup at hand..because is basically all liquid it goes down like water.. Sharon you may want to make sure to each more solids just chew really well.. the solids keep you full for longer periods of time.. Usually the soup at hand will keep me going for a few hours at best..but if I have chicken or fish.. the fullness last a lot longer.. also time your eating to about 20-25 min.. what I do is take a small bite and chew chew chew for about 2 mins.. swallow and take another bite and do the same.. it takes me longer to eat and ensures that my food is chewed down to a painfree consistancy.. sometimes I forget that I had the surgery and will eat to fast and lets just say.. if I don't puke.. which for me is rare.. I end up in pain for about 40min.. so make sure to chew your bites
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views