HELP!! Is there a surgeon in Atlanta that does VBG?

karen P.
on 11/7/03 5:05 am - Alpharetta, GA
I can't find anyone willing to do it. Most of the docs on the obesityhelp list for VBG in GA don't even do it anymore. They only do RNY. Dr. Daniel Smith who is at Emory will do it but he won't see anyone until they have done his seminar which won't be held until Spring. I am hoping to find someone else who will do it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Karen
sharon001
on 11/16/03 10:53 pm - WI
Hi Karen, The hardest part about choosing to have this or any weight loss surgery is the "waiting". I think that it may be standard procedure for a Doctor to not see a patient until after they attend the "Group Orientation". I don't want to discourage you in any way on this journey but I did not see the Surgeon until one month prior to my surgery. I went to him wanting the RNY but he recommended the VBG based on my eating habits. I am sorry to tell you that it took me almost 1 1/2 years from the Group Orientation until I had surgery. It was one of the most frustrating times of my life. I was a seriously disgruntled "pre-op" patient. But then, one day your day comes for surgery and you kind of forget about all of the "waiting" you have done up to that point. I am now three weeks post-op and 34#'s lighter. It will happen for you too. You probably won't get surgery as fast as you want. But it will happen. My suggestion would be to find the best surgeon you can and wait as long as you have to wait to have him/her complete your surgery! You want the best, not the fastest! I hope this helps... Best of luck...welcome to the journey.
Lisa S.
on 11/23/03 10:13 pm - GA
Dr. Champion does VBG. He's in Marietta. www.drchampion.com
Beverly R.
on 1/19/04 4:25 am - Moultrie, Ga
Hi Karen, You may have found the surgeon you are looking for by now. If you have not you may want to consider Dr. Daly in Atlanta,Ga. I have a Dear Friend *****cently had a Gastric Bypass done by Dr. Daly laparoscopically. I think he does VBG as well. If you are interested feel free to email me and I will contact my friend for more information, ie his Phone number, address, etc. Good Luck Karen Sincerely, Bev Ray
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views