Weakness.

jean B.
on 9/21/03 12:43 am - manassas, va
Hello. I am entering my 2nd week, on Tuesday. I feel weak and am having a hard time standing for a very long time. Has anyone else felt this way? How long does this seem to last? This seems to be the only trouble I am having thank goodness, everything else could not be better. Thanks for any info on this. Jean.
Linda K.
on 9/21/03 11:23 pm - Omaha, NE
Dear Jean, You are in your 2nd week and feeling weak? My goodness girl, you should be doing 2 hours worth of areobics and walking 3 miles a day by now!!! (just kidding of course You will be feeling that way for awhile. Part of it is the antistesia (bad spelling, I know), and your body is using all it's energy to heal and come back from a major surgery. Just remember to rest often (if you can) and drink lots of water to keep hydrated. Remember to eat (fun, isn't it, to be told to eat!) but take it easy. Your energy level will come back. It took me almost 2 months to finally feel like my old-scratch that- new self. Good luck and I will be praying for you. Your sister in the VBG- Linda K.
Marisol C.
on 9/23/03 2:30 am - Stamford, CT
It's true.. it does take a while to feel ok.. I'm one month and one week post op and finally i'm starting to feel almost human again. I spent an entire week in the hospital and the second week I spent at home taking tiny short walks because I was having a hard time, standing, siting, eating, sleeping, you name it it was just plain hard.. but it does get better..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8571 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views