Embarrassed

Kcdietz
on 2/27/13 9:40 am - GA
Anybody else have problems with bad breath? Never had this problem before surgery.

sancie_67
on 3/5/13 11:08 pm - Bombay, NY

Yup, wicked.  Sugar free mints!

hollykim
on 3/10/13 2:20 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
It is called ketones the fat burning state. Burning fat rapidly causes terrible ketone breath and your body may also start to smell differently.

It is a good thing... Just brush often and use sf mints etc.

annie0039
on 3/12/13 6:33 am

Being a Dental professional I Have to say : BRUSH & FLOSS and Don't forget to Brush your tongue

That being said I also look for the health risks in everything ( but that's just me enlightened)

Sorbitol, one of the most commonly used artificial sweeteners in chewing gum and candy as well as liquid medications, is poorly absorbed in the intestines, giving it the qualities of an osmotic laxative at higher doses…. 

….The authors say consumers are generally unaware of the possible side-effects of sorbitol, even though details are included in the small print of foods containing it. When consumers have gastronomical problems they are unaware that they may be caused by the laxative effects of sorbitol.

The authors conclude that sorbitol consumption may not only cause chronic diarrhea and functional bowel complaints, but also significant unplanned weight loss of about 20% of body weight. Any investigation of unexplained weight loss should include a detailed dietary history with regard to sorbitol-containing foods.

Also known as glucitol, sorbitol is a sugar alcohol. The body metabolizes it slowly. It is obtained by reduction of glucose changing the ether group to an addition hydroxyl group – hence the name sugar alcohol.

Sorbitol can be found in cough syrups, sugar free mints, chewing gum, diet foods, diet drinks and ice creams. Sorbitol occurs naturally in some stone fruits and berries from trees of the Sorbus genus.

Sorbitol is also used as a non-stimulant laxative. It is either an oral suspension or a suppository. It draws water into the large intestine, stimulating bowel movements.

Most people don't consume, eat, chew 15+ mints gums etc...Daily BUT its something to consider if you start having gastrointestional issues

Ballerinababe165
on 6/18/13 2:47 am

Not from that end.

Mine is the other end.

I guess I will be alone the rest of my life

I can't even stand myself

How is anyone else going to be able?

eClicker
on 7/7/13 10:51 am
RNY on 08/06/13

I am so sorry.  I feel badly for you.  Which surgery type did you have?

VBG 8/15/01  RNY 8/6/13  5'5" HW:215 LW:165 CW:210 GW:135

Ballerinababe165
on 9/17/13 11:45 am

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT A LOT OF MY PROBLEMS HAVE RESOLVED WHEN I FURTHER CHANGED MY DIET.

CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT A RELIEF THAT IS !!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4325 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8582 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8100 views