VBG w/ Sleeve

Brizzy
on 3/19/12 2:30 am - MD
Hello All!  I'm semi-new to OH! I had an account years ago and never created a new one until today.  I have a quick question I'm hoping someone will be able to assist me with.  In February 2004, I had the VBG w/ Sleeve (mesh band) placed around sleeve, procedure. I lost a total of 140lbs with 311  being my heaviest and currently @ 170 - 174 average.  I'm interesting into looking at having the band removed, but not sure where to start or if it's even possible because I know that scar tissue forms around the mesh.  I thought I;d start here with OH before I make an attempt to contact the good folks of ALAGSA.  Anyone have any input?  I want to clear up some things.  I had an awesome surgeon! Dr. Elariny did a wonderful job and pretty much predicted my outcome.  I'm grateful for him. Also three of my friends followed my lead and had the same procedure! I haven't had major complications, just some burping, especially after I eat!,  some reflux/ throwing up, which I tend to take responsibility for that!  I'm 30 and truly feel that I'm ready to rid myself of this bad!  Any suggestions/comment are greatly appreciated!
mzsreecee
on 7/3/12 4:21 pm - Springfield, VA
Did you decide to keep or get rid of the band?

What was the reason for getting rid of the band? I forget I have it after 4 years.
 "I have been sleeved" (3/25/08) ....MzsReeCee 274/250/192 - Don't let the number fool you -- I have moved into weight lifting and the fat has been replaced by muscle in so many places. We still have 42 lbs to go!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views