new to site - leg soreness, what to eat?????

Savannah07
on 1/1/12 3:35 pm
I am 13 days post op, and tomorrow I get to eat food for the first time.  I would love some suggestions besides non-fat yogurt.  Also, I am getting a lot of leg soreness, in the front of my calves, in the back, and also in the front of my thighs.  They are not muscle spasms per se, but sore.  I typically work out and exercise quite a bit prior to my surgery.  And I have walked around alot, but only walked very slowly on the treadmill for 3/4 mile.

Really early in this, and could use some support.  Thanks!
kam0520
on 2/5/12 7:57 am - AL
My husband and I are 6 days out, we got to go to "full liquids" after 2 days, but nothing too substantial.  We've lived off grits, yogurt, protein shakes, mashed potatos, lately a little cream cheese on melba toast (we were told we could have 1 toast per meal).  We're really burned out on the same stuff too!

Our next phase will be on the 15th and I am looking forward to chicken salad.  They said to make it with canned chicken, a little low fat mayo, and the juice from pickle relish since we wont be able to have the actual pickle parts yet.  Good luck!
pic-nic
on 4/11/12 2:34 pm - Canada
I'm 14 days out and I have the same leg soreness you describe (although it's a little better today).  Feels kinda like I did too much walking a day or two ago, even though I haven't overdone it at all.  I did a lot of hiking before surgery, and notice that there seems to be quite a loss of muscle mass in my upper legs.  I'm just taking it as part of the surgery and healing experience. 

I'm pretty sick of pureed foods already (been on them for a week - two more to go) but they sure tasted great the first few days. Have made sugar free chocolate pudding with a mashed banana and a couple of scoops of protien powder - still like that and cream soups are still nice.

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views