Soft Foods

Kathleen L.
on 12/29/05 6:09 am - Arlington, VA
I am on soft foods and I was just wondering what everyone eats.
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/29/05 8:38 am - Danville, VA
Hi Kathleen....I will start on my pureed foods tomorrow...cottage cheese, pureed cream soups, sf ff puddings and lots of protein. I am also curious to see if anyone has any more suggestions. Hugs to ya. Betsy
elizabeth b-c
on 12/29/05 10:56 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hi, Kathleen and Betsy: How about mashed potatoes (thin) with cheese for protein. Cream of wheat Oatmeal Refried beans with cheese Any cream soup with potato flakes stirred in and protein powder added Soft-boiled eggs (I still can't eat eggs, but others can) Ricotta cheese in a custard cup baked with spaghetti sauce and mozarella cheese on top. Ricotta cheese with splenda and a few drops of vanilla stirred in corn pudding - recipes online, with protein powder added homemade custard made with splenda Check out Dame Tooter's site - I can't remember the address, but someone here will. She's a font of information. Hugs to you both, and Happy New Year. elizabeth 359/249/160
TammyNVA
on 12/29/05 12:17 pm - Chesterfield, VA
I'll add to Elizabeth's list: WELL cooked macaroni and large pasta (no tiny nooodles;) my doctor recommended Healthy Choice mac n cheese or Kraft made with only skim milk. Yogurt and yogurt smoothies Canned, soft fruit with no sugar added. I found Carb "something" smallish cans of peaches and pears that works. Also unsweetened applesauce. WELL cooked vegetables that are "mushable" like green beans, baby peas, carrots. Beware of anything that is fiborous or stringy like celery or corn. I also found that tofu works terrific, for those that like it. It really just takes on the taste of whatever it's in. I've added it to veggie soup and it really is great for adding protein. Hope that helps. I'm going for my 4 week post-op check tomorrow and hope to have more added. So far I haven't had trouble with ANYTHING! Of course, I've been verrrry careful, but I've tried to have as much variety as possible. I find I get sick of stuff fast! Good Luck!!! Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 887 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2212 views