Vitamins

kizie23
on 12/21/05 9:05 pm - blacksburg, VA
Hey everyone I have not been on in a few days. My life has been very stressful. Somone stole my checkcard and charged about 600 dollars worth of merchandise to it. I am so very upset, as we sometimes live paycheck to paycheck. The good thing about it, is that we had just finished buying my daughters Christimas gifts. The bad thing, I had not had a chance to send out checks for the bills. I am only glad that we found it when we did. My question does anyone have a complete list of vitamins that we need to take after surgrey?? I want to make sure I have a complete list of everything. I thought I had my stuff together, but then so much has been gonig on. Thanks, Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/05 9:19 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Melissa , I have a complete listing at home .I am at work . Email me and I will send it too you . Has your doctor given you anything yet ?? You will always want to follow his instructions . My suggestion would be if you wanted to take my list with you to him - he can go over it with you . Or email me and we can discuss .. Good for you in preparing .. and I am very sorry about your check card . I hope you get your money back .. Hugs , Natalie
kizie23
on 12/22/05 9:22 am - blacksburg, VA
Natalie, I sent you an email I am not sure if you got it or not. Thanks, Melissa
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/21/05 10:22 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Melissa!!!! Good to see ya! So sorry about your checkcard...we had an idenity theft happen to us this year in the amount of about $20000 ... someone was generating checks off the computer and signing my husbands name to it....luckily it was caught in time and didn't cost us too much as like you, we live from paycheck to paycheck. As it is, some of my Christmas shopping has to wait until the first!!! That sucks but I have plenty of love to give for christmas.... I just had my surgery and Dr White put me on 2 chewable childrens vitamins a day...one in the morning and one in the evening. Gosh, that is my only chewable thing I can have so I enjoy them....hehe. Don't stress over stuff like I did....you have plenty of time to get what you will need. I am on clear liquids for two weeks but it isn't too bad. This whole process is much better than I thought it would be. Just do what the dr tells you. And do get up and walk......the first day they wanted me to stay in bed...dr orders and I fought it until that evening late they let me up to go to a chair. the next day, I was up and moving down that hall....several times a day. Really helps with the stiffness. Let my know how you do. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Betsy This Butterfly is Free....waiting for you.
kizie23
on 12/22/05 9:24 am - blacksburg, VA
Betsy, I am so glad that you are up and moving around. I have the chewable vitamins, and I know my doc gave me some info on it but everything is in shambles right now. But thank you and eveyone else for all the help. I dont know what I would do with out this group. Melissa
Julie R.
on 12/21/05 10:27 pm - Belspring, VA
Melissa, I just emailed you the list Nat sent me earlier this week. It is awesome!!! Julie
kizie23
on 12/22/05 9:23 am - blacksburg, VA
Julie, thank you I am just checking my mail. I sent you some other stuff I had found. Melissa
Torrie
on 12/21/05 11:43 pm
I went to vitalady.com and ordered from her list. She is a wls person (and her husband also). Prices are very reasonable. Vickie
kizie23
on 12/22/05 9:25 am - blacksburg, VA
Vickie, Thank you, I will also have to check the site out. I think Julie a friend from here also suggested that website. Melissa
Lelandmm
on 12/22/05 3:07 am - Chesapeake, VA
Melissa, I am sorry to hear about the check card. You better check your credit report as well and make sure you aren't a full on victim of identity theft. If you are, prepare for the biggest battle of your life. Its harder to get your credit straigtened out than loose weight. I'm still arguing with Equifax to change my name and I've been married 3 years. They still have me listed as Leland Maiden Name Maiden Name. So it makes it a pain in the butt when someone runs my report, it looks like I have an alias or something. But on to the vitamins: Get the list from YOUR Surgeon and YOUR Dietician. One thing you will learn REALLY quickly from this board is EVERY surgeon has their own magical formula. There are some people on the board who will try to convince you that THEIR Surgeon is right and you should ignore YOUR Surgeon. DONT. We can tell you what our surgeons and dieticians reccomend, but please purchase what your doctors tell you. My dieitcian has her patients on: 2 Flintstones (or other brand) Children's Chewables Complete 1 B-12, It disolves under the tongue, I forget the brand, because I take a different kind. 1800MG of Calcium Citrate every day. She reccomends crushing Citrcal and drinking it 3 times a day. Its 600MG a dose. Even normal people can only process 500mg at once, so I dont get that, but who I am to question. 30-40grams of protein via liquid drinkable protein supplements each day. That is what she reccomends. But you should check with your surgeon. Some surgeons do not have their paitents on any kind of protein after 12 weeks because they should be able to get enough through food. Also some surgeons do not believe that we can't absorb calcium carbonate anymore, so they let their paitents have that instead. Just keep in mind, that whatever is on your surgeon's list is what you need to do. PERIOD. You might try things additional to that, but don't take some other post ops word as gospel and ignore your surgeon. Best of Luck! Leland
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 887 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2212 views