Psych eval through Cigna

RoxanneF
on 8/19/03 10:26 am - Baltimore, MD
Anyone had a psych eval that has Cigna insurance? I've heard that Cigna doesn't pay for this but I heard you can fight it on the condition that since they are requiring you to have it on order to be approved for surgery, they may pay. I also need a nutritionist appt. Boy, I sound like all the other people on this site who have been denied. I wonder why I thought my case would be different?
Carla S.
on 8/26/03 4:51 am - West Valley, Ut
Roxanne, Hi it's me again. I had my psych eval done by Ed hill at Comprehensive Psycology in Salt lake. My policy thru Cigna did cover me 50%. I haven't heard about fighting it upon the condition they require it but it would'nt surprise me. That makes sense, you should definatly try at least, all they can do is say no AGAIN. I have heard these Dr.'s charge 3 to 5 hundred dollars. My portion of the cost to see him was only 40$. His total bill was $80 and he gave me a very nice refferal, however I was the first psych eval for WLS he had done. Maybe that is why it was so cheap. His office also had my evaluation ready for me within 24 hours and from what I understand most Psych's take up to 2 weeks to get this ready for you. You may want to see if this is covered on your policy and what portion they pay, but even if they don't I think $80.00 was cheap compared to what I see most pay. If you decide to see this Dr. PLEASE ask what the cost will be. It may have changed or they may have found out they can be as greedy as the other psychologist that are charging $300. GOOD LUCK!
Most Active