Gaining weight back

Nicole Q.
on 6/24/08 11:03 am - Copperton, UT
It has been 4 years since my bypass and in the last year I have put on 80 pounds. I'm not really eating any differently, if anything better than ever...veggies, fish, exercise, etc. Even though I am not up to my original weight, I am heading that direction quickly. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can you have a second bypass?
YuckyMeds
on 6/24/08 2:03 pm
Wow, that sounds kind of scary!  Even though you are eating healthy, are your portions getting larger (sometimes that can just kinda sneak up on you!)  Are you sticking to three meals a day?  I have seen posts from people who are on their second bypass, but I would think that it would depend your insurance company.  I 'm pretty sure that mine (Tricare)  would not pay for a second bypass. Good luck!
karenwhiting
on 7/9/08 7:19 am
It has been 29 years since my bypass.  June 30, 2008 I hd the Stomaphyx surgery to kick my butt back into gear as I had gained almost everything back over the 29 years.  ARG!  The surgery is outpatient.  The first couple of days weren't fun....but worth it!  I am on my 9th day and have lost 21 pounds!  WAHOO!  I am so excited.  I am on liquids until next week the I get to add "moist white fish" and "well cooked vegetables."  I'll keep you posted.  Surgery by Dr. Robert McKeen in Orem.
Most Active