Salt Lake Regional Medical Center...?'s

Christie N.
on 2/26/08 7:28 am - UT
I am going to a seminar soon at SLRMC and am self pay for the RNY surgery.    I was wondering if anyone out there had it done there and how much it was to do it with SLRMC.   I was looking at Rocky Mountain Physicians and it says it's like almost $19k, and half of that is just the hospital fee at St. Mark's!     I was hoping since maybe they are based in the medical ctr that maybe it'll be a little less cost than this other dr....sigh.     Dr. Christina Richards looks like the dr that I'd really like to do my surgery too.   I've read a lot of great testimonials about her from patients on here! Anyone?   Thanks! Christie
nicksohnrey
on 3/3/08 4:32 pm - Syracuse, UT

Hey their Christie    I dont know about the cost as my ins payed for mine . Dr Richards did my lap-band surgery . She seemed to be okay in my book . She has a good after care ( post opp ) plan too .

Sounds like you are headed down the right path .

Good luck      Nick

Christie N.
on 3/6/08 7:41 am - UT
Nick, I have talked to a few people on the board and they say that Dr Richards doesn't allow self pay for the RNY, just due to the fact if you have complications, it can be financially devistating.   I've actually found another Dr in SLC that will do it for a few thousand less and he actually did the RNY for my cousin and her husband!  Thanks for your reply!!  :) Christie
mrsthibs
on 6/30/08 4:25 pm
i have Dr Richards doing my lap band on the 22nd of July. How do you like it so far?
gatogordo
on 7/30/08 5:16 am
Hello, its a few days after your surgery I hope all is well, I have RNY with Dr. Richards 8/25/08 and when you are feeling better would you tell me how it went for you?
mrsthibs
on 7/30/08 8:33 am
Hi there! I'm feeling great and it has only been a week. I'm back to work and feeling normal, aside from not being able to eat the same things or as much. I just had my 1 week post-op with Dr. Richards earlier today and she said things look great. She's a nice lady and very informative when I have questions. I'd feel very comforable in her hands again. I've already lost 13 pounds (water weight mostly) and am excited for the changes. I stuck to the diet schedule really strictly for the first few days post-op until I didn't have to look at the paper anymore. I've had my moments of being really hungry and weak, usually because I haven't been drinking my protein enough (really tired of it). The recovery is so much more emotionally demanding rather than physicially taxing, at least for me and the lap band. I really have to change my thinking in order to be successful. I feel like I've been given a gift, and I need to make the most of it. Let me know how your surgery goes. Stay strong, it'll be SO worth it!!
gatogordo
on 3/8/08 10:42 am
Hello I am going to a seminar soon to in Layton this Tuesday 3/11/08, I am looking for people that have made the decision and are in the process or they are on the other side and can let me know how things are going.  I am scared to definately say yes right now, I want to have the surgery and I definately need it I weigh 268 and I am 5ft 4in I have diabetes 2, high blood, etc so you would think the decision would be a no brainer but I scared of not making it through the surgery. I wish you luck with your seminar and a positive move forward.
realovable
on 3/17/08 1:58 am
I had mine thru richards partner Dr. Daniel Cottam.  He is shy and quiet but a much better bedside manner.  I went to him due to his extremely great statistics.  I love him but was less than impressed with Salt Lake Regional Hospital.
gatogordo
on 3/26/08 8:48 am
How long was your hospital stay? What is wrong with Salt Lake Regional hospital? 
realovable
on 3/26/08 9:41 am
I was in on monday out on wednesday.  The nurses never came to get me out of bed, they sent me the wrong meals during my whole stay, they didnt have me fill out any paperwork to register & they actually asked me what surgery I was having cause they had me down with the wrong dr.  And when I needed help it took 50 minutes to get a nurse to my room after hitting the help button.  Thank god I wasn't choking or something.  lol
Most Active