Fills USA Fill Dr quitting

KayPappas
on 11/5/07 12:17 pm

I talked to Charolate today and learned that  Dr. Muse is not going to do fills anymore through the center.  Maybe he will though the clinic.  I have an appointment on Nov 8.  I am not sure what else to do.  I was banded in Mexico and don't have much choice.  I really like Dr. Muse.  We had a rocky start but I really like him.  If you have any suggestions on who to go to I would appriciate it.    Also is there a support group in Utah that is not affiliated with a Dr.   I live in Price and would travel 1 or 2 times a month.  It would be nice to meet some other people that have been banded.   Thanks  Kay

Marvlous
on 11/14/07 11:36 pm, edited 11/14/07 11:37 pm - West Jordan, UT
Kay: I had my surgery through RMAP, Rocky Mountain Associated Physicians at St Marks in Salt Lake.  We have a monthly support group the 2nd Wed of each month at the Hospital.  The patients are required to pay a $500.00 education fee whi*****ludes many things including the support group.  I know there have been a few people who had their surgeries through other Dr's who don't provide any kind of support or education that have paid the $500.00 and gotten the materials (Blue Book) including access to the support group. RMAP began doing Lap Band surgery about one year ago and so now our meeting have began to have a nice mix of both types of surgery. If that interests you you could call Kim the Education Coordinator at 801-268-3800 or Toll-free 1-800-999-9970. We had a great meeting last night The speaker was a Professional Chef who has written a recipe book for Weight Loss Surgery patients.  The topic for the night was surviving the Holidays. Best wishes

Marva

267/158.0/150 (my personal goal 130) BMI was 43.0 / now 24.69

tweet-tweet
on 1/8/08 11:51 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Hi!  I'm moving to SLC this summer from Arizona.  Do you know if RMAP will do fills for people banded in another state?  My old clinic didn't offer much support  (okay... no support) and I really want to get into a clinic where I will be welcome and in a supportive atmosphere! Thanks!
Tweet - My inspirations
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Marvlous
on 1/9/08 11:26 am - West Jordan, UT
Tweet: I don't know what RMAP's policy is in taking on patients who have moved to SLC and need to change to a new surgeon for any post surgery needs.  Just call them up.  The prior post has their toll free number or click on the surgeon name that did my surgery (Dr McKinlay) to the side of my post and you should be able to also find the toll free number and ask them.  Too many people are moving around these days that it seems there has to be some willingness to take on patients in your situation. Keep in touch and let me know what they say. Marva

Marva

267/158.0/150 (my personal goal 130) BMI was 43.0 / now 24.69

Most Active